Today I picked up my Geyser Blue Wilderness from the dealership. After spending some time in it, here are some of my observations and opinions - Note that I’m coming from a Crosstrek, so some of these items may not be news to existing Outback owners:
- There’s not as much body roll as I thought. It drives and handles very well
- The “ECO” gauge at the top of the colour screen in the gauge cluster can be changed. That’s super handy.
- The side mirrors are smaller than I expected.
- The back of the rear seats are not cloth, but hard plastic. Makes me almost regret getting the rear seat back protectors
- The seats are a lot more comfortable than the Crosstrek, lumbar adjustment makes a huge difference
- I got the Rockford Fosgate Audio Upgrade. The audio is WAY better than the Crosstrek. Not sure if its because its an Outback or of the RF upgrade. Either way, I love it.
- Having such a large screen for CarPlay is awesome
- Its 32 C in Toronto today. I have no complaints about the StarTex seats
- The Wireless charging space for your phone is hilariously small.
- Map lights are LED. All the other lights (except for the one of the liftgate) are regular bulbs
- The accessory Thule Crossbar looks like they are the 50” version
- Auto headlights are far more sensitive than on the Crosstrek.