Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
TheHozOpp1 did you pay MSRP?
The sales rep I got at my local dealer in Ontario does not want to go below MSRP on the car, options, or extended warrantee. (He had the "I know everything" sales attitude that I hate. People need to learn you get more bees with honey)
I am happy to drive anywhere in the province to get something below msrp, its that important to me in a car sale.
Thanks for reading :)
If you were to factor in JUST the car, yea, I paid less than MSRP. I paid a bit over $43,000 (pre-tax) for the car, all the accessories and installation of said accessories. But I also made a killing on my trade in. I bought my 2020 Crosstrek (pre-tax) for $29,000ish. They traded it in at $23,000. And that’s with nearly 60k km and a rear end accident on the file. Plus I non-Outback compatible accessories for a total of another $1500.

Loyalty was a factor tho. This is my 5th personally owned Subaru. 11th in my immediate family. And we all bought our cars from the same sales person. So we give him a lot of business.

All above $ is in Canadian Dollars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you were to factor in JUST the car, yea, I paid less than MSRP. I paid a bit over $43,000 (pre-tax) for the car, all the accessories and installation of said accessories. But I also made a killing on my trade in. I bought my 2020 Crosstrek (pre-tax) for $29,000ish. They traded it in at $23,000. And that’s with nearly 60k km and a rear end accident on the file. Plus I non-Outback compatible accessories for a total of another $1500.

Loyalty was a factor tho. This is my 5th personally owned Subaru. 11th in my immediate family. And we all bought our cars from the same sales person. So we give him a lot of business.

Thanks for the quick reply, Nice deal on the trade :)
The hunt continues

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did your xpel people cut to fit? Mine right now is contacting the manufacturer to try and get a template since apparently there isn't one yet lol

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My installer had a template. It was Wilderness ready and everything. It had a template for the bumper and for the hood with a cut out for the vinyl decal. It aligns perfectly.

Not sure if it matters, but I went to an Xpel installer in Markham, Ontario, Canada.

Reactions: Ziggyzebra

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The sensitivity can be adjusted using the Infotainment system screen
The sensitivity is on "Mid" which is where I had it on the Crosstrek. But I find the lights come on when going under a bridge. On the Crosstrek, even when entering an underground lot, there was about a 30 second delay before the full headlight system will activate.

·
Registered
2022 OBW, 2008 OBS
28 Posts
View attachment 516342
First time Subie owner! Went from a F-150, to the Wilderness Edition. Does anyone have access to torque specs? I've got the engine skid plates (aluminum) and the rear diff skid plate on order.
Hopefully you’ll like it and not get a bad taste in your mouth. I am on my 2nd Subaru (about the 10th family) and this OBW is waaaay more complex than my 2008 Outback Sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts

Where did you buy. My local dealership would not budge a penny under MSRP nor a discount of anything. The full 44k CAD. My trade in of my 2018 Limited 2.5 w/ eyesight at 66,000km was valued at 23,000. I called another dealership 45 min away and am waiting on a response.
Am I out to lunch if I say I want the Freight and PDI covered? I know they can’t remove it but discount the car the 1,800? This will be the easiest sale a salesperson has done. I know exactly what I want and willing to do it all over an email and pick it up in a couple months.

Edit: went to another dealership this morning. Got 500 off but they added etching. I’m like “no dice. It’s an option and not mandatory” he said it’s already on so they discounted it by an additional 400 and they threw in half the cost of cross bars.

Got a geyser blue too so I’ll be waiting if I see you on the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
9 Posts
My installer had a template. It was Wilderness ready and everything. It had a template for the bumper and for the hood with a cut out for the vinyl decal. It aligns perfectly.

Not sure if it matters, but I went to an Xpel installer in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Did you consider applying film to the side fenders and doors to prevent off-road pin-striping?

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Did you consider applying film to the side fenders and doors to prevent off-road pin-striping?
The front half of the front quarter panels are covered. Everything behind that is not.

I did consider it, but didn't for 2 reasons: 1) Price. 2) I may not be off-roading enough for the cost to be worth it.

I'll be the first to admit it. I bought this car so I'd have the capability on the rare occasion that I need it. But the majority of the time, my vehicle will be on designated, probably paved, roads.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
4 Posts
I pick mine up tomorrow, so excited! I ordered the Rockford Fosgate upgrade, but I guess it won't be in for a few weeks. Just how bad is the stock stereo? Any way to tune it to live with it for a few weeks?
In the settings there are some software "enhancements" that you can do to bass and stereo audio. Mine were completely off and it was weak sounding. I messed with those settings and it got better but you can tell they are a software bump and not a hardware. But thats the great thing about aftermarket...there's always options.

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

Just wanted to post a bit of clarification here. As previously stated, my installer did have a template for the Wilderness. The template included the painted portion of the Wilderness front bumper; a template for the front quarter panels, including the new Wilderness wheel flares and the hood with a cut out for the matte black hood decal. I have included a picture of where the edge of the decal meets the PPF. Unless my installer has super stable hands, there’s no way he could have hand cut the PPF like this with this much precision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanted to post a bit of clarification here. As previously stated, my installer did have a template for the Wilderness. The template included the painted portion of the Wilderness front bumper; a template for the front quarter panels, including the new Wilderness wheel flares and the hood with a cut out for the matte black hood decal. I have included a picture of where the edge of the decal meets the PPF. Unless my installer has super stable hands, there’s no way he could have hand cut the PPF like this with this much precision.
View attachment 516749
That's pretty good. May we ask how much how much did that set you back? I would consider the sides as my Forester did sustain bush pin-striping just from a mildly narrow off-road trail last year.

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That's pretty good. May we ask how much how much did that set you back? I would consider the sides as my Forester did sustain bush pin-striping just from a mildly narrow off-road trail last year.
$1460 Canadian Dollars

Reactions: eelnod

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
What’s your opinion for on road performance?
Disclaimer: this is personally my first Outback. My parents own a 2017 3.6R, which I rarely drive. Previously I have owned a '20 Crosstrek, '15 BRZ, '12 STI and '11 & 04 WRX.

Considering this is supposed to be the most "rugged" and most off-road capable Subaru to date, I find it quite well mannered on the road. Acceleration is quick, especially coming from the underpowered 152 hp Crosstrek. Despite its ride height, I find it stable around corners with acceptable body roll. The cabin is quiet, although I do notice some CVT whine, but its nothing my music can't drown out. The Yokohama G015's are quiet for AT tires and have no perceivable additional noise compared to the G91 All-Season tires on the Crosstrek.

Overall I'm really happy with the car. It's not super sporty, and it would be more appropriate to be a Safety Car at the track than a participant. But for a daily commute and family hauler, its been pleasant and the amount of space it has for people and cargo alike never ceases to impress.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts