Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limited Magnetite Grey
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but couldn’t find it. Is the hood decal available yet? Couldn’t even find a part number. Wouldn’t mind one on mine if it wasn’t a ridiculous price and my tint guy could do it reasonably. Thanks

·
Registered
12,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
410 Posts
To be honest, it is just automotive grade matte black vinyl. Find a local shop that does vinyl wraps. They can probably cut one for you and install it for half the price of buying it directly from Subaru.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
4 Posts
To be honest, it is just automotive grade matte black vinyl. Find a local shop that does vinyl wraps. They can probably cut one for you and install it for half the price of buying it directly from Subaru.
To add to this idea...If you would like to personalize it you could have them cut the vinyl with a graphic in it. So you could do mountains at the bottom (towards the front) or something fun like that. Really make that Limited of yours limited (terrible I know but couldn't resist).

·
Registered
2020 Limited Magnetite Grey
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the costs of the screaming chicken decal, I could add a shaker hood!!!!! I don’t think I’ve ever thought I could pull off the cowboy hat look.

·
Registered
2016 Limited 3.6R
351 Posts
Reactions: sshakrr

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wilderness hood decal has started to get a white haze on it. I didn’t think a hybrid synthetic wax would hurt it. Any idea how to remove the haze from the decal? I have tried dawn soap, etc. I can’t figure it out. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
410 Posts
My wilderness hood decal has started to get a white haze on it. I didn’t think a hybrid synthetic wax would hurt it. Any idea how to remove the haze from the decal? I have tried dawn soap, etc. I can’t figure it out. Any help would be great.
Use this, and a exterior detailing brush. If that still doesn't do it, use some of this. Just a warning, that last product is a dye. It will stain anything it touches, including paint if you aren't careful. Make sure you follow all instructions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use this, and a exterior detailing brush. If that still doesn't do it, use some of this. Just a warning, that last product is a dye. It will stain anything it touches, including paint if you aren't careful. Make sure you follow all instructions.
Awesome thank you! I look into that. A local detailer put me on to some of Adam’s polish as well. This is a video that I am going to try this weekend. Had no idea you need to tape these off.

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
410 Posts
Awesome thank you! I look into that. A local detailer put me on to some of Adam’s polish as well. This is a video that I am going to try this weekend. Had no idea you need to tape these off.
Taping off is a good practice whenever you are dealing with different surfaces. Whether it be polish, wax, sealants, dressings etc., how a product reacts on one surface (paint for example) and another (body cladding or vinyl) will have different affects. Wax on non-smooth surfaces will typically leave residue when it cures, causing the white blemish previously mentioned. Taping off just gives you some extra space in case you go over the threshold.

·
Registered
22, Outback Onyx Edition XT, Autumn Green Metallic
3 Posts
You can pick up one for a Cherokee for $55 on Etsy, I'm sure it would fit

The one for the Cherokee is about 5 inches too short and about 1 inch too wide.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The one for the Cherokee is about 5 inches too short and about 1 inch too wide.
I ordered one off of Etsy he made it to size I wanted here is his etsy info

·
Registered
22, Outback Onyx Edition XT, Autumn Green Metallic
3 Posts
I ordered one off of Etsy he made it to size I wanted here is his etsy info

Thanks for the reply. If you have applied it already, could you post a photo so I can see how it looks? Pretty sure I'm going to order one. Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the reply. If you have applied it already, could you post a photo so I can see how it looks? Pretty sure I'm going to order one. Thanks!
I needed to cover some issues I had with my paint, so it covers most of the hood. He sent installation instructions.

I never did it before and had 2 issues with it laying out smooth. If it was smaller I don't think I would have had any issues

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts