Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
If there is an alert with the ! symbol, it will bring up the text of what the alert is…. Also it’s the set button, used when toggling through settings on the display there… use the arrows to change, and then the set (! Button) to save the setting. or to select BACK to go back to the previous screen.

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
354 Posts
The "i" button switches between information on the central driver screen. It can display tire pressures and other stuff, clock, navigation, etc.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
50 Posts
What does the i does? Between the up and down button? Thanks View attachment 530025
I was wondering the same thing. I was playing with it a few days ago and I found out it does nothing. I switched screens and then hit the I button. Nothing. And that was for each individual screen. Maybe I will look in the owners manual. You know, what we are supposed to do, and not ask questions on here.

Don

·
Registered
21 LTD 2.5
111 Posts
It clears the “warning”, the up / down above and below the i change the center screen info.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
49 Posts
Pg 204 of the manual:
Control switches
1) up
2) i
3) down

By operating or of the control
switches, the screens can be changed.
If there are some useful messages, such
as vehicle information, warning information,
etc., they will interrupt the current
screen, and appear on the display accompanied
by a beep. If such a screen is
displayed, take proper action according to
the message shown on the screen.
The warning screen will return to the
original screen after a few seconds. While
the information reminder is shown on
the display, it may be possible to display
the warning screen again. To recall the
message marked with on the display,
pull the switch on the steering wheel
toward you.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,215 Posts
The "i" button switches between information on the central driver screen. It can display tire pressures and other stuff, clock, navigation, etc.
The 'i' button doesn't do that, the arrows around it do...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve seen it do something once, maybe when I had very low fuel or washer fluid level? Critical alerts pop up covering all other info. Once it goes away or gets dismissed, the “i” button is the way to see the critical alert message(s) again. Thankfully on my new car I haven’t had many opportunities to use it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts