Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to swap some 08GT leather seats. However I dont know if they will work in My XT. Im pretty sure the front seats will work fine but not sure about the back seat. The GT seats fold down like my XT but Im looking for some guidance.

Thanks in advance

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,343 Posts
If wagon to wagon it should work. Sedan rears I am uncertain.

·
Registered
'09 OBXT with SpecB 6MT/BTS-5056/DOM1.5XTR and '02 WRX w/loads of JDM parts
292 Posts
2008 Legacy GT passenger seat has an occupancy detection system for the airbags. I am fairly sure this will be an issue when installed in a 2005 that doesn’t have this occupancy detection system.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,221 Posts
2008 Legacy GT passenger seat has an occupancy detection system for the airbags. I am fairly sure this will be an issue when installed in a 2005 that doesn’t have this occupancy detection system.
Just to clarify...

Both my 2005 and my 2006 XT have the occupancy detector sensor in the in the passenger seat cushion and the appropriate wiring. I have no idea regarding the compatibility of the seats or years in question in this thread.

Only that both 2005-2006 XTs in my driveway have passenger air bag detectors. Front seat only.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,843 Posts
"someone" might be able to go to a subaru parts site and look up the part #s of the whole seats. and verify about the front and rear seats.

that is usually me,...but ...anyone else can.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My 05 definitely has the occupancy detection for the front passenger seat. I had no idea that the sedan had fold down rears. It would be highly unlike subaru (outside of this platform i guess) to have differently engineered seats that do the same **** thing. If i could find black leather within 200 miles of western PA I'd jump on it to guinea pig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my 05 OBXT, it has the seatbelt/airbag detector that you are saying (where it doesn’t stfu when my **** dog is in the passenger seat lol), that being said does that mean that the 08+ will connect correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts