Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander that I had new snow tires put on... Curious if I could use those tires on my Outback? I'm guessing the bolt patter wouldn't work, but would 225 55 18 fit?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
I had a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander that I had new snow tires put on... Curious if I could use those tires on my Outback? I'm guessing the bolt patter wouldn't work, but would 225 55 18 fit?

Thanks
Tim
I won't speak to the fit since I know 18" wheels fit on all the Gen 5 OBs from what I've read. It is simply a matter of the tires and all-wheel-drive requirements.

In the owners manual, it tells us about the requirement for the tires to all be the same size within a fairly tight constraint, meaning, we cannot put a brand new tire on if it blows out and we are around half way through the tread wear on all 4. The other 3 will be too small compared to a brand new tire. Some tire companies know about this problem and might offer to turn down the tire to match your other 3 tires.

So, if you measure your existing tires {mounted on the same rim you intend to use, and inflated to spec air pressure} and they meet the spec for size, then you should probably just put them on your OB and try it for yourself.

·
Registered
2003 obw base 2.5
32 Posts

Thanks
Tim

Yes you can use them the only thing is the Speedo won’t match your speed (you’ll be going 2mph slower at 60 mph)

The Mitsubishi bolt pattern is the same but the offset is not

1 - 3 of 3 Posts