Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Limited
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need a license plate bracket for the back of my 2013 OB. I wanted to buy the slim one (metal, painted black) from subaruonlineparts but I can only find one that's listed for the front (part SOA342L120). Does anyone know if this bracket will work on the back of the car too? (the description on the website only says front: https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/p...=1243&osCsid=f949257fffec497c7c0d463442f97ae8).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
The tailgate has mounting holes for the plate, the mounting holes inclue plastic "plugs" that should provide enough room to prevent paint issues. That said, some people use washers of some kind to move the plate out a small amount. Also, that plate mount has mounting holes that do not coincide with license plate holes, the mount will "ride" too high and hit the area where the lights and tailgate release are. I actually have a rubber strip on the edge of my rear plate, my dealer's bodyshop installed it when they repaired the paint that was worn away by their plate frame.

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Limited
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tailgate has mounting holes for the plate, the mounting holes inclue plastic "plugs" that should provide enough room to prevent paint issues. That said, some people use washers of some kind to move the plate out a small amount. Also, that plate mount has mounting holes that do not coincide with license plate holes, the mount will "ride" too high and hit the area where the lights and tailgate release are. I actually have a rubber strip on the edge of my rear plate, my dealer's bodyshop installed it when they repaired the paint that was worn away by their plate frame.
Thank you for the info. I'll just use the standard mounting holes and maybe put a couple of those sticky rubber dots on the back side of the plate.

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
On my previous car, I had some small strips of weatherproofing foam, like you stick on doors, that I stuck to the back of the plate to keep it away from the paint. i need to do that to the OB yet, but its been way to cold to clean it up and do it.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
232 Posts
Thank you for the info. I'll just use the standard mounting holes and maybe put a couple of those sticky rubber dots on the back side of the plate.
That's what I did/do with all my cars. Works well and is cheaper (even better??) than frames.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts