Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i with 2 inch lift and 235/75/15 Falken Wildpeaks AT3W
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2006 outback. Its a 2.5i so its a base model. I noticed other models of the same gen have blinkers on the mirror and they also have an auto dimming rear view mirror. I was just wondering if they would work with my car as well if I was to purchase them. My mirrors are heated and are power mirrors. Would it use the same connections and be plug and play? And would the wires for the auto dimming mirror be up in the headliner as well? Im sorry if this is a dumb question but ive only recently gotten into subarus so im still a newbie when it comes to them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,495 Posts
Rearview mirror swap is easy. Wire waiting for you up there.

Side view mirrors are a different story. Very difficult to swap, lots of rewiring needed.

·
Registered
05 OB 2.5i
6 Posts
I've done both recently on my 05 base model. I already had a auto dim mirror but I updated it to a newer gen with homelink. It was plug and play. It did require a second trip to the dealer parts Dept. Because I ordered the wrong harness. My mirror had extra pin, 7 vs 6 I think, so just watch out for that if your replacement doesn't have the harness.
The base model doesn't have the wiring for the turn signal mirrors in the doors. You have to replace entire door harness and run it just inside the car to the body connector. I found it was easier just to get a new harness instead of running my own wires to the mirrors. Doing the entire swap took me about an hour per door, including removing the old wiring and reattaching new. Really not hard, looks great. I bought the mirrors from eBay matching my body color, and the wiring separate. I would recommend getting them as a set, but at the time I was going to run my own wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts