Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 impreza
I am changing the window motor in the front driver side door. Pulled the plug and the cap that holds all the wires came off. All the wires for the main plug to the switches came out. Looking for a diagram so I can put the wire back in the right place. Anyone know where I can get the diagram? TIA

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
9,857 Posts
The service manual will have illustrations of all the connector interfaces, with the wire positions indicated on the connector block by wire color. I don't have one for an Impreza, however - you might want to check with the Impreza forums for this.

If the wires easily pulled out of the block, it means that the pins must have been yanked out previously by someone without releasing the ratcheting pin's mechanism. Connector pins and sockets both have this feature to avoid friction pushing things back and disengaging them as they are mated.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
I unclipped the wrong clips. When I took it off all the pins came out.
I'm not sure what you mean by "wrong clip". The 2008 Outback front window control system looks like this, perhaps it will be similar to your Impreza, or at least give you an idea of what is normal:

Note that connector block D3 goes to the window motor, it has two wires colored LG (blue-green) and LR (blue-red), and the locking tab is on the top when pin 1, the LG color, is on the bottom left. You ought to seek out a similar diagram for your Impreza, or if you can confirm it's the same part for the window motor, just use this Outback diagram.

Hope this helps you.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
OK, that's not the motor connector, and I guess you did say "switch connector" in your initial post. My Outback diagram does not apply; it has D7 interfacing to the window control switch.

You had best obtain an Impreza diagram to get this connector back together correctly.

·
Registered
20,026 Posts
Looking for a diagram so I can put the wire back in the right place. Anyone know where I can get the diagram?
Attached.

There's two connectors at the driver side window switch, D7, which has sixteen pins, and D102, which has three. Your photo is probably is D7.

At the bottom of the first page, there's a diagram of D7 showing the location of each pin number. This is looking at the working face of the connector, not the back where the wires go in. Each pin is numbered, and those numbers are also shown in the wiring diagram. In the wiring diagrams, the pins associated with D7 are identified by "A", e.g., A16 and A13, which are pins 16 and 13, and which go to D3 at the window motor.

Each wire is identified by a single, or two, colors (a main body and a stripe). Hopefully, no colors are repeated. In the wiring diagram, the wire colors are indicated next to the pin number. Additional connections to D7 are also found on the following pages. I count 9 wires in your photo, and 9 connections at D7 in the wiring diagram.

Here's the color code:

Let us know how it goes . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Attached.

There's two connectors at the driver side window switch, D7, which has sixteen pins, and D102, which has three. Your photo is probably is D7.

At the bottom of the first page, there's a diagram of D7 showing the location of each pin number. This is looking at the working face of the connector, not the back where the wires go in. Each pin is numbered, and those numbers are also shown in the wiring diagram. In the wiring diagrams, the pins associated with D7 are identified by "A", e.g., A16 and A13, which are pins 16 and 13, and which go to D3 at the window motor.

Each wire is identified by a single, or two, colors (a main body and a stripe). Hopefully, no colors are repeated. In the wiring diagram, the wire colors are indicated next to the pin number. Additional connections to D7 are also found on the following pages. I count 9 wires in your photo, and 9 connections at D7 in the wiring diagram.

Here's the color code:
View attachment 495355

Let us know how it goes . . .
Just did this same thing on my 2008 Impreza. I read that wiring diagram you attached and the color code, came up with this, and it worked! Thanks.

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Pattern

1. Blue
  2. -
  3. Blue/Yellow
  4. -
  5. Black/Yellow
  6. -
  7. Green
  8. Red
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -