Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '05 Outback and I've been having problems with the driver's side window. It squeeks and squeals when I roll it up in down when it is slightly wet. It doesn't take much mosture at all even a little mist on the window will do it. I've had it to the dealer several times. First time they adjusted something, second time they cleaned the window channel, third time they lubed the channel, fourth time they replaced all the rubber around the window and the fifth time the said they found a part vibrating in the door and chalked it. I talked to the Subaru service manager about the issue and he called some Subaru tech on the phone. The two joked back and forth on the phone about them "all doing that" and that it's a "dirty car alarm". They guy had no explaination for the passenger window not making a sound under the same conditions. They want me to bring it back for another try. I've had other issues with thie service departmentat this dealership. I'll save that for another post. I've lurked around here for several months and haven't seen anyone else complain about this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've only noticed this once before and I think it must have been the frame of foam rubber. Hadn't heard a squeak from any other window (that I can remember) so that is curious it would only be the drivers window, unless it is only magnified by proximity to my left ear. Seems like it had to be that part near the seatbelt anchor.

Just thought of something. I had pressure washed my car just before this and I did see some water condensation at that place when I was getting into the car later that day. Squeeking of glass and rubber could be associated with soap being present.

Should be something to apply to the foam rubber that would prevent that, if this were the actual problem. Just not sure what would be best.

Of course, your squeeks could be entirely another matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too thought of applying something to the rubber. Like you I have no idea what would be best. A couple of additional observations on the window. The squeak is mostly toward the end rolling it up. If I stop about halfway up and then start again it rarely makes a sound. It's almost like a vibration builds up in the window. Second, if the window was wet the day before and I roll it up and down the next day when it is dry. Moisture appears on the window. I'm not sure what would be getting wet inside the door. It is very annoying since I hear it almost every morning going into my parking ramp at work and then again on the way home. Puts me in a good mood. Anyway, I love the car other than that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Tomas
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing