Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 subaru outback, the driver and passenger front windows will roll up almost to the top and then automatically roll back down, like there is something in the way. They have been doing this intermittently since soon after I purchased it. I have taken it into the dealer 3 times - two of the times, it wouldn't do it when I was there. One of the times, they said things weren't lubricated correctly, but it came right back.

It seems to be strongly correlated with warmer weather - when it is cool, it doesn't happen as much.

Any hope that I can get this fixed? Thinking about selling my car...

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
The "I can't replicate the issue" is BS. Are there no real diagnosticians around anymore. And the lube thing is also BS. (sort of) There is a problem with the resistance sensor in the mechanism. Or the mechanism is misaligned and it is binding.

Look, Ralph Nader has made sure that the electric motor for the window can't cut your kiddo's thumb off. So, the retract mode is being activated for some reason. They need to crack open your door card and observe the mechanism and bust out a multi meter. The issue is probably fairly simple.

You can tell the dealer I said that.

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
The "I can't replicate the issue" is BS. Are there no real diagnosticians around anymore. And the lube thing is also BS. (sort of) There is a problem with the resistance sensor in the mechanism. Or the mechanism is misaligned and it is binding.

Look, Ralph Nader has made sure that the electric motor for the window can't cut your kiddo's thumb off. So, the retract mode is being activated for some reason. They need to crack open your door card and observe the mechanism and bust out a multi meter. The issue is probably fairly simple.

You can tell the dealer I said that.
this is like the prototypical 2015 and newer thread,...(weird windows, ...vs. dead car batteries).

and link that thread on resetting, is going to get stickied if it has not been already. (that one is in the 2010-14 section ???)

as these window issues are regular questions on such beasts with their weird windows. (probably need a class every month at the home depot to keep them subaru outback windows in good working order.)

vs. say,...why is my 2007 outback feel so scary when it rains and the ass end is all over the road,..?

or how do I plug fist sized rust holes on my 2001 with old soup can metal.?

...or my 1996 outback 2.5 smells like tasty marshmallows when I race / loose to my neighbor in a 1997 caviler after school...how do I put a turbo on it.?

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
this is like the prototypical 2015 and newer thread,...
:21:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:iam:

I still don't understand the lack of diagnostics on the dealer end. We are just feeling the back end degradation left after record sales and build goals. The market is now saturated with cars that the dealers can't handle the service on. They could barely handle the sales....

Last year this time (and the year before) folks were waiting for cars...some still are.

·
Registered
2017 Outback
4 Posts
I am having the same issue with both front windows. 2017 Outback. Very annoying! My sister said her dealer told her it was a computer issue. I am hoping my dealer will know how to fix it. I have the same problem opening my trunk lid. It will start opening and then close. Enough to piss you off.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Switch memory via window movement range.

Its a modern car thing I learned about it a few yrs ago after replacing a bad battery in grandpas Mercedes. Subaru windows and sunroofs use the same tech.

This is the fix. You might need to do it more than once. I had to reset my sunroof about 5 times over two yrs then I had no more issues. I had to do it once around yr 5 on the front windows after the old battery failed. No big deal fast and easy to do.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/22749-how-reset-auto-down-up-drivers-window.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts