Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 VDC Outback sedan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front windows tip back a bit just as they get to the top. This causes the drivers window to get pretty intimate with the rubber seal and so the door sticks a little when opening.

So should the windows lift exactly straight up the whole way, or is the rubber getting out if shape and the windows are normal?

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon, 2.5L H-4, 5 Speed Manual Transmission
5 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the windows in my 01 go up straight. I believe there is a little bit of an angle to them until they get up to the top. If no one can verify I can try to remember to check when I get home, but that's like 3 hours from now...

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
How about a pic of the problem window?
Is the front gusset all intact, or is it a bit torn (as I've seen some examples suffer)?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
If you have installed Weathertech side windows deflectors, windows will not go all the way up...

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
If you have installed Weathertech side windows deflectors, windows will not go all the way up...
I don't think you can do this on a Gen2. They are frameless windows.

·
Registered
2002 VDC Outback sedan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can see by the rain drops that the window moves almost horizontally at the very top of its travel. Passenger does it too.

Normal or not?

windows - YouTube

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
JP1203:
Aaahhhh - it's the same then as my 2005 Forester was .... you are right then!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts