Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a custom triple gauge pod made for my 2011 3.6 Limited. I have to wait about 5 weeks for it. The wait will suck, but since I haven't decided what gauges to put in it yet, I guess it gives me time to decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
5,026 Posts
I know you’ve already purchased this but...an UltraGuage gives you data on 68...ish...or more parameters direct from the OBD in a nice compact form...I got one bc the first Gen 4’s don’t have a temp gauge. It helped when I lost a HG...

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you’ve already purchased this but...an UltraGuage gives you data on 68...ish...or more parameters direct from the OBD in a nice compact form...I got one bc the first Gen 4’s don’t have a temp gauge. It helped when I lost a HG...

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center
That is a nice unit. I had considered units like that, however I didn't want anything removable, for fear of it being stolen. I was considering some smaller units like this one from Aeroforce...
https://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Attachments

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
That is a nice unit. I had considered units like that, however I didn't want anything removable, for fear of it being stolen. l[/url]
The unit is small...I have mine on the drivers side of the windshield right by the A pillar...it’s very unobtrusive...barely notice it from the outside...and just lock your doors. I like it bc it can display multiple data points on one screen...up to 8...I have six on some and four on other....engine temp is on every one...and it scrolls through multiple screens with the data you choose to show. Very flexible...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a nice unit. I had considered units like that, however I didn't want anything removable, for fear of it being stolen. l[/url]
The unit is small...I have mine on the drivers side of the windshield right by the A pillar...it very unobtrusive...barely notice it from the outside...and just lock your doors. I like it bc it can display multiple data points on one screen...up to 8...I have six on some and four on other....engine temp is on every one...and it scrolls through multiple screens with the data you choose to show. Very flexible...
Did you have to drill into the dash to mount it?

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,306 Posts
I am having a custom triple gauge pod made for my 2011 3.6 Limited. I have to wait about 5 weeks for it. The wait will suck, but since I haven't decided what gauges to put in it yet, I guess it gives me time to decide.
Hmmm. I just made my own.

The only downside to the pillar. I have one in both cars ... is some decreased vision on the left. Turns, pedestrians.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I am trying to do the same thing but can not find a gauge pillar for a 2011 Subaru Outback. What company did you get it from? Do you have a link?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts