Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2 litre Diesel premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a diesel Subaru Outback for 3 years. In that time, after today, I will have had 5 windscreens (4 replacements). The last one had no other vehicles involved, just some new bitumen roadworks with the normal sticky loose aggregate spattering the underside from the wheels. All low speed. A tiny chip at the extreme edge of passenger side has progressed in 2 days to a 500 mm crack. Are these windscreens unusually fragile?
I had a Holden Berlina and a Calais 2000-2015 and never had a windscreen damage warranting replacement. On the Subaru, 4 in three years! Apart from one incident, all damage was incurred on paved country roads.
Out of interest a related Subaru Forester 3 hrs later through the same roadworks also wound up with a chip, albeit much less extensive than the Outback. It has not progressed to a long crack.
Experience of others? Subaru comment?

·
Registered
2018 3.6R limited w/eyesight Subaru Outback....sold my 2011, Subaru Outback, 2,5i Spt Pack.
159 Posts
My brand new 5 month old 18' got hit by a rock yesterday while on the [email protected]#$%^!!!!!.....
It was the lower right side just above the wiper and the crack propagated to the bottom and then creeped upwards and took a left turn and stopped. You can literally watch the creep while driving.
Anyways, it's about 1.5 ft long. I have to go see an auto repair glass show and see if they can fix the crack and not replace the windshield. I watched on youtube and it shows this crack repair is doable with a snake like crack. My dealership said, to replace the windshield. I'm going for a 2nd opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts