Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback Touring 2.5
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never saw the pebble but heard the ping and immediately had a 8" crack form. Arranging for Safelite to repair at their shop in Phoenix. Their e-mail said to have at least 3/4 full tank of gas and nothing too heavy in the back. They will calibrate after install. Any suggestions on what to look for or prepare????

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
730 Posts
Not all Safelites are equal. Most are good, but I've had a few repairs by them that were bad. The good news is if they booger a windshield replacement they'll do it again on their dime to make it right. I have a tech at my local shop in Mesa that always does a good job for me, so hopefully you have one you are familiar with too. If not, you'll soon find out if he's any good or not. Just let them do their thing and be picky in your inspection afterwards. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Safelite has replaced 2 windshields in my wife's Forester. Nothing to prepare.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Touring 2.5
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did a great job. Made our remote start antenna more subtle than the delaer did. Surprised that the invoice shows a charge to the insurance of $500 for the recalibration WOW

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
730 Posts
Did a great job. Made our remote start antenna more subtle than the delaer did. Surprised that the invoice shows a charge to the insurance of $500 for the recalibration WOW
They're soaking it for all they can get. The dealer only charged $225 for my calibration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts