Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car Fax says this is my model. I've read in other posts that my windshield is maybe heated? I see no indication of heat when my windshield is foggy on the outside. Do I have to do something to 'bring on the heat' or does my model maybe not have it. If it should have it I want to be sure my windshield is the correct one when I replace it. Subaru parts couldn't tell me.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,034 Posts
The wiper park area is the only part of the glass that's heated. That heating element comes on when the rear window defogger is turned on. On the OEM glass, I think there's a tiny dot in the black painted area on either side through which you can see the heating element.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited 2013 Crosstrek Premium
49 Posts
heated seats generally means heated wiper park. cold weather package. also the windshield place should be able to run your vin to find out. if they can't use someone else. also any dealer can run your vin and tell you as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually local dealer couldn't tell. It sounds like the heated part is just to free frozen windshield wipers so I'm not going to bother. Just fly with Safelite, which is $299 installed.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
687 Posts
OP, did you read post #3 and go to the link provided? It will show you how to decode the VIN on the car. It is accurate as I decoded both my legacy and outback with it. There is no guess work involved, you can answer your own question by using that chart.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
687 Posts
the site shows 2.5i limited has AWP nd the 3.6R gets it with the premium trim and up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts