Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here. I just bought a used 2014 Subaru Outback (36k miles) from a good friend. It's in great shape, but has one small issue. The Windshield washer light recently has come on and stays on. The tank is somewhat full and the unit works. The friend who I bought it from just told me to take it to the dealer and he would pay to fix it....he intended to but just did not get to it. So....I went to the local dealer and asked about it. They told me it would be a minimum of $125 for diagnose it plus any parts. I thought this was expensive and would never allow my friend to pay for this. Can anyone here be so kind as to walk me through what I should check for.....bad sensor, bad ground, etc..? I'm no master mechanic, but can do the small stuff. It's not a big deal, more of an irritant. Thank you in advance for your good help. Respectfully, Frank D.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
remove the connector for the level sensor on the tank and check the resistance... with the sensor covered (tank full) it should read 1 MΩ or more (if uncovered should be something like 10Ω or less). Could double check for voltage in the sensor connector harness too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Walker...I will do this. Respectfully, Frank D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Researched this a bit more and found that this is a common problem with this era Subaru's. In fact, Subaru issued a TSB for it in 2012. It is TSB 12-134-12 if anyone is interested. I found it online as a pdf and printed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts