Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Outback Limited no Eyesight
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Outback Limited 2.5.

Had to have the windshield replaced with OEM glass after it was hit by a rock. Get it back from the Glass place (Not a Subaru Dealer) and three days later I notice the washer doesn't work. I can hear the motor and there's plenty of fluid. Since I know you have to disconnect the washer hose from the lower windshield cowl to remove the windshield, I figure they simply forgot to connect the hose back up. (makes me also wonder if they connected the wires for the heated windshield.)

My question is, before I bring it back to the Glass place, is it easy to remove the cowl? It looks like it takes some kind of special tool like a plastic rivet tool to reconnect it. I don't mind trying to remove and install it myself, unless it takes special tools that aren't worth buying.

Thanks for any insight about this.

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Outback Limited no Eyesight
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a follow-up... It was simply a pinched hose under the cowl (in two places). It took them about 5 minutes to fix it. They said this occurs sometimes. Although, I think if they were paying attention to detail it wouldn't happen.

By the way, a new Subaru branded windshield with heated wiper area and tint with blue shade costs $504.00 for my vehicle with labor. The insurance company stated that the aftermarket glass for this vehicle was apparently more expensive than the Subaru glass. The aftermarket glass was nowhere near the quality expected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts