Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today put a new windshield control arms as the bushings were wore out on my sons 2001 Outback which attach to the motor with a Teflon bushing , I took the motor arm off that attaches to control assembly off the motor then reinstalled it and may have installed it wrong. Now the timing is off on the wipers. They always dip down first and go below the window, then do the normal swipe and stops go about 1/3 up the windshield when you shut the wiper off. I do not believe it is a wiper position problem. Thank you in advance for the help. Andy

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,425 Posts
Sounds like the transmission position is out of whack.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, When I removed the arm on the motor I did not put it back to the original spline position, so had to find where the motor always stops when you turn or shut the wipers off, reset the arm to the neutral spot on the transmission, then it worked fine. I will make a reference line next time if I have to remove it again. There is an arrow on the motor arm that lines up on the flat off the driving arm of the transmission that actuates the wiper blades and that arrow may be there for that reason though I could not find a reference to it. Thank you for your reply. Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts