Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! just wanted to get some input on brands of windshields wipers for a 3.6r limited 2019 outback and what fits for Driver/passenger/back. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
595 Posts
following... i have the bosch icons and theyve lasted only a 3-4 months

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,016 Posts
Still using my OE from '15. LOL

Reactions: ammcinnis

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,236 Posts
As a matter of standard maintenance, I replace mine as needed or once a year as well as my filters. As for brand it is just a personal preference but the rear as in most rear wipers are not the easiest to find a correct fit.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
947 Posts
I tend to like silicon wipers

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,474 Posts
The OE wipers are excellent. Until recently you could get inserts for the fronts, which were cheaper than replacement blades, but apparently not any more. Still, the blades from the dealer are competitive with many aftermarket blades.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
595 Posts
its cheaper i see to buy the entire bundle online from subaruonlineparts.com, both front wipers and rear wiper OEM wipers for $31

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R
214 Posts
I always replace wipers once a year usually at first snow fall. I have used bosch icon and rainex with good results

·
Registered
19 Outback 2.5i Premium
195 Posts
The OE wipers are excellent. Until recently you could get inserts for the fronts, which were cheaper than replacement blades, but apparently not any more. Still, the blades from the dealer are competitive with many aftermarket blades.
Yea, what the heck!! Why is it so hard to just find inserts?!?!? Growing up, you could just get inserts, inexpensively BTW, and be on your way. Now you have to buy the entire arm for $$$$!!!

Sure some of inserts and their retaining tabs were somewhat a pain to deal with, but once you got the hang of it, it was easy. Out of curiosity I took a look at my '19 OB inserts, and they are REALLY easy to pull out and replace.

I went looking online for just inserts (preferably silicone, since I live in the desert and they 'say' they should longer than rubber ones) and the only place I could find something (8mm square claw inserts) was on eBay from across the world (silicone or rubber) in sets of two which you can cut down to size. I would need 3 inserts, one more for rear. Uuuuggghhhh!!!

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,999 Posts
I've been perfectly happy with the original Subaru wipers, and considering they are covered under warranty I just had mine replaced this spring for free when I was in for an oil change. The original fronts were still working fine but I just wanted to get some free ones while I still have the car, and I was just about to leave on a long trip so I figured it was a good time. The rear wiper had started to come apart a little over the winter so it was in serious need of replacement.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,943 Posts
Still using my OE from '15.
X2, and they still work like new. Don't know why, but they're the longest lasting wiper blades I've ever had.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I looked at some Bosh and a couple of them had class A/B wipers which only differed in its curve, does it matter which to get? my oem is taking a beating when I hit highways with semi's all around. also thank you for the inputs everyone. theyre greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
7 Posts
I tend to change my wipers too often but my wife prefers zero streaks. We use ANCO Winter Extreme (red tips) on the front and the Bosch OEM replacement on the rear. Twice a year, after winter and before Winter. It's cheap and takes about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,943 Posts
Now... will they still be available when I need them again in a few years???
The new part numbers (86548AL03A and 86548AL07A) for the rubber inserts are still current on the https://parts.subaru.com/ (SOA) and https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/ web sites. Strangely, neither site will find these part numbers if you search by vehicle, but if you search by part numbers it shows them as valid for all 2015-2017 Legacy and Outback.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Replaced the rear wipers under warranty on the 17 OB. The service advisor also recommended the fronts. I said the fronts were fine. He was a bit baffled, more so, since I did not even want a car wash and no other service. Separately, as someone has already posted above, the wipers are a wear item and fully covered under the new car comprehensive 3/36 warranty.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts