Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
Help me out here. What possible warranty claim could they possibly deny by saying that aftermarket wipers were to blame?
Eyesight-related issues.

I’m sure you saw the letter that went out over tires, wheels, lifts in regard to eyesight.

I mean they don’t even want you putting a sticker on the hood. Or above the cameras in the solid black part.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,331 Posts
Eyesight-related issues.
Wiper blades don't affect the car's geometry or handling, much less center of gravity.

Are you guessing there will be an ES issue, you know something or are you paranoid?

What issue are you trying to avoid by advocating for OEM only? I mean a real issue.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,168 Posts
Eyesight-related issues.

I’m sure you saw the letter that went out over tires, wheels, lifts in regard to eyesight.

I mean they don’t even want you putting a sticker on the hood. Or above the cameras in the solid black part.
But even if there was some bizarre situation where the wiper didn't properly clear the windshield so the eyesight cameras could "see", there wouldn't be anything that needed repair to be denied a warranty claim. The wipers aren't going to break the eyesight system. I would need to see some pretty convincing evidence that aftermarket wipers would cause any problems at all with the functionality of the eyesight system. And I highly doubt there is any such evidence out there.

Now, if you want to make it a case about liability there might be something to talk about with our lawsuit-happy society, but denial of warranty claims? I'm not losing any sleep over that one.

·
Registered
2011 outback 3.6R LT. 2015 Outback 2.5 (white) eyesight, tow pakage, skid plate, moon roof
367 Posts
My 2019 3.6r Outback is in need of wiper replacements. This would be my 3rd pair and the car is only year old. So, either I'm picky or we have SO much rain in Gulf South that we need to replace more often. Either way, the last OEM replacements I bought at the dealership are crap! They lasted ONLY a few months before leaving streaks. They were installed same time the windshield was replaced (also at dealer) so not sure if that has anything to do with the early failure of blades.

Since I'm a little iffy about using OME blades/wipers looking for recommendations for blade replacements.

my local dealership (not where I purchased) only offers one free blade replacement within the 30,000 miles I foolishly used this too soon. Especially since when I had to pay top dollar for them, wipers only lasted a few months.
In the NV desert blades do not last long in hot wheather- premoum or economy.. I simply go to Autozone and buy on sale wiper blades and they install free. Somtimes with great difficulty. Always less than half of dealer cost. Seems like the economy blades over the last 30 years do as well as premium blades

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
Do I think it will CAUSE issues? Absolutely not. Just like aftermarket wheels won’t. But that was specifically mentioned by SOA. They are blatant sticklers on this stuff. To err on the side of caution is not a bad thing. Especially since I live in a city that averages 43” of rain a year and commute 1.5 hours a day. I have zero complaints with the OEM wipers.

I think my comment is being made into a bigger deal than it is. We see people being told to RTFM as a response. I did and simply posted what it said to use. 🤷‍♂️

41 - 46 of 46 Posts