Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About this time last year, we noticed a very bad icing problem with highway driving. I just thought it was a bad design in the windshield heater (too cool?), but today I noticed that the top part of my driver side wiper is seated just below the heating grid. Coincidentally, the footprint of the driver side wiper stops a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches from the left pillar. The arm does not appear to be bent. Can this be adjusted? It's driving me crazy!

sooz

[I'm happy now! - see helpful hints below]

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Now, in the good old days you could pry the wiper arm off, and put it back down where you want it. The bottom fixed part use to have many toothed edges so you could adjust for that exact problem. I'm not sure about Subies, though. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but getting the wiper arm off is not all that easy all the time, but try it. Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU! This would have been extremely helpful if I hadn't been too chicken to really yank the arm off. My dealer was VERY nice about adjusting it for me. Next time I get a new windshield (and I'm sure there will be a next time), I know how to check it and fix it after they screw it up. I also ordered a set of winter arms since we are looking at a couple of midwest road trips this month. There is still some ice buildup under those arches (or bows), so its not perfect yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
sooz
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing