Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my first Subie - 2010 Outback. So far so good. Looking for what combo's everyone else has for winter rims and tires? The 17 inch OEM rims seem to go for $330 each. Looking for either recomondations for where you found used/refinished OEM wheels, or looking for the closet looking aftermarket rims (alum). All the ones I seem to find look like gangster wheels.

If you know a dealer in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area that you've worked with I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,758 Posts
I've been very happy with the various winter wheel-tire packages that I've purchased from Tire Rack over the past 10 yrs. A number of their Sport Edition (house brand) alloy rims are under $100 each and with the decent price of tires, it comes out affordable. My avatar picture shows an older set of their rims that were pretty much knock-offs of the older WRX rim design. My newer set are a bit fancier. Rather than reshoe these rims after a few years, I just put them up on Craigs List. Recovered a good part of what I paid for them, and bought a brand new package!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
H4 or H6 engine?

You can get 16" wheels for the H4, but they won't clear the brakes on the H6.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Outback LTM
48 Posts
I just got a set of 17" Steel rims with TPMS Sensors from TireRack about $460 with shipping. I found a set of wheel covers on Amazon for $19. I have been driving on Nokian tires (NRWs, Qs, WRs and WRG2s) for 18 years and love them. Since TireRack doesn't carry Nokian I had them drop ship the rims to my dealer and had them install a set of Nokian Hakka Rs (studless Ice) but haven't had a chance to see how they perform in the snow and ice. The down side to Nokian is the price and expected milage.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Limited, Black Silica
383 Posts
I just got a set of 17" Steel rims with TPMS Sensors from TireRack about $460 with shipping. I found a set of wheel covers on Amazon for $19. I have been driving on Nokian tires (NRWs, Qs, WRs and WRG2s) for 18 years and love them. Since TireRack doesn't carry Nokian I had them drop ship the rims to my dealer and had them install a set of Nokian Hakka Rs (studless Ice) but haven't had a chance to see how they perform in the snow and ice. The down side to Nokian is the price and expected milage.
Those are awesome tires. boought a set for one of my other vehicles last year. I've used a lot of different Nokian models on cars and trucks and they are all great, but like you said, pricey and a little quick wearing. Great performance though.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I bought Sport Edition F7 Wheels (which were ~70/piece, and I think they look pretty good) with General Altimax Arctics for my 2004 LL Bean. I'm sure Tirerack would have a similar combination in a size for the 2010. Very good "bang for the buck" set.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,758 Posts
I have the F7 on our Toyota Sienna and the F10 on the Subaru now. Both are running Continental Extreme Winter Contacts. I used to have the old style F5 on the Subi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have a 2010 Outback 3.6R with 17" inventory wheels. 16" wheels will fit the 2.5i as the platform design comes with 16" inventory wheels. My grand pa purchased a set of 17" Blizzaks for the winter season season. His objective is to use the manufacturer wheels (swapping just the rubber). The costs are quite tempting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts