Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I would like to know who makes the “Original Equipment” windshield and tailgate wiper blades for my 2015 Ltd. Outback. I have to say these original blades have been the longest lasting, quietest, most effective blades I have ever owned! My car is stored under a carport and I drive very little (12K miles in 3 years), but still, almost 3 years of service!!! Wow! So, do I return to the dealership for replacements? Or can I buy the very same blades at a retail store? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello! I would like to know who makes the “Original Equipment” windshield and tailgate wiper blades for my 2015 Ltd. Outback. I have to say these original blades have been the longest lasting, quietest, most effective blades I have ever owned! My car is stored under a carport and I drive very little (12K miles in 3 years), but still, almost 3 years of service!!! Wow! So, do I return to the dealership for replacements? Or can I buy the very same blades at a retail store? Any suggestions?
Here are the OEM assemblies: https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/132303992930?
Here are the OEM wiper refills: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-Subaru-Outback-Legacy-Front-Rear-Windshield-Wiper-Blade-Refill-Set/141937290840?fits=Year:2015|Model:Outback&epid=1851992324&hash=item210c1f2e58:g:T0UAAOSw2ENW8Z-Y&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
109 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to ask what replacement wiper blades you all recommend. My warranty is up so free wiper blade refills are no more. I have not been really happy with the Subaru wipers as then tend to always streak on me. All the web sites seem to recommend the Bosch Icon but i have not had good luck with them on past vehicles. What do you all recommend?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I have found the Subaru blades to be excellent, almost never streaking until they are a year old or so. When they were selling refills, those were cheaper than many of the blades sold at auto parts stores (and less wasteful). I was disappointed to see that my dealer's parts department no longer sell refills when I was looking for them last year, but their replacement blades still aren't out of line with higher-grade blades sold elsewhere.

Is there something about where you routinely park or drive that makes generally well-regarded wipers not perform well?

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to ask what replacement wiper blades you all recommend. My warranty is up so free wiper blade refills are no more. I have not been really happy with the Subaru wipers as then tend to always streak on me. All the web sites seem to recommend the Bosch Icon but i have not had good luck with them on past vehicles. What do you all recommend?
i live in Taxachusetts so I always go with RainX Latitude 2-in-1's because SNOW-SLEET-FREEZINGRAIN in the winter time. ROFL. I usually change them out every year around October-ish . they could go longer but they are cheap enough so I don't care to wait until one starts streaking. I tested a pair out out a few years ago and I went almost two years (two winters) without replacing them but the streaks started to get annoying. Visibility was still excellent though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have found the Subaru blades to be excellent, almost never streaking until they are a year old or so. When they were selling refills, those were cheaper than many of the blades sold at auto parts stores (and less wasteful). I was disappointed to see that my dealer's parts department no longer sell refills when I was looking for them last year, but their replacement blades still aren't out of line with higher-grade blades sold elsewhere.

Is there something about where you routinely park or drive that makes generally well-regarded wipers not perform well?
No, i do not park or drive anywhere unusual.

The dealer has just been replacing the refill and not the entire blade. Maybe there is an issue with the blade itself. The passenger side wiper streaks terrible a few months after replacement. I can get the genuine Subaru driver,passenger and back window replacement set on Amazon for $39. Maybe i will try that. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts