Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw mention here about wiper de-icers and asked of the service dept. when I stopped by there yesterday and was told Canada only?

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,109 Posts
Saw mention here about wiper de-icers and asked of the service dept. when I stopped by there yesterday and was told Canada only?
Wiper and side mirror deicing are standard equipment on all Gen 5 U.S. Outbacks except base trim. Prior to Gen 5, these were part of the "All Weather" option package.

The "wiper deicer" is actually a heating element applied to the base of the windshield. It will unstick the wipers (in park position) from the windshield, but that's about all.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiper and side mirror deicing are standard equipment on all Gen 5 U.S. Outbacks except base trim. Prior to Gen 5, these were part of the "All Weather" option package.
ok thank you Sir. I know sometimes there are features that only come on Canadian models, but happy this one is standard to the US as well.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
315 Posts
Check the manual. Pages 3-65 and 3-66. (images below)

Note that for Gen 5 the base model has rear window defroster / de-icer, and all other trims have de-icer on side mirrors and front wiper as well - just as @ammcinnis stated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,197 Posts
The "wiper deicer" is actually a heating element applied to the base of the windshield. It will unstick the wipers (in park position) from the windshield, but that's about all.
If it is snowing hard it also melts the accumulating snow into a slushy mess at the bottom of the windshield which then freezes to a solid mass after the car is shut off. I wish it had a separate switch from the rear defroster and heated mirrors. There are times when it is nice but I wish it could be turned of independently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts