Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the wireless CarPlay adapters in their 2022 Outback’s? The little “cubbie” below the infotainment screen is laughable (usb plug space and phone storage while plugged in) and un/plugging phone all the time is a pain. I have had my CarPlay stop working mid-route (and not while using map) and I had to pull over and reconnect the phone to restart CarPlay and had to re-enter my destination. Just wondering if the wireless adapters out there work for the 2022’s infotainment systems and don’t randomly disconnect like I’m currently experiencing.
TIA.

·
Registered
2022 Outback XT Limited (on order)
4 Posts
Hello. I just picked up a Carlinkit through Amazon and it works perfectly in my 2022 XT Limited and iPhone 13 Pro. Very easy to install. Directions that came with it were short but thorough.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT
709 Posts
Just wondering if the wireless adapters out there work for the 2022’s infotainment systems and don’t randomly disconnect like I’m currently experiencing.
A search of the Gen6 forum for Carlink returns 12 findings.

I have had my CarPlay stop working mid-route (and not while using map) and I had to pull over and reconnect the phone to restart CarPlay and had to re-enter my destination. Just wondering if the wireless adapters out there work for the 2022’s infotainment systems and don’t randomly disconnect like I’m currently experiencing.
Installing the 10/15 version of the infotainment software resolves this.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Has anyone tried the wireless CarPlay adapters in their 2022 Outback’s? The little “cubbie” below the infotainment screen is laughable (usb plug space and phone storage while plugged in) and un/plugging phone all the time is a pain. I have had my CarPlay stop working mid-route (and not while using map) and I had to pull over and reconnect the phone to restart CarPlay and had to re-enter my destination. Just wondering if the wireless adapters out there work for the 2022’s infotainment systems and don’t randomly disconnect like I’m currently experiencing.
TIA.
I too have CarLinkIt and love it.

I works well most of the time. On occasion it does not connect to the phone and I unplug it and replug it in and the it works fine. I say this happens 1 out of 20 times.

I love never having to take the phone out of my pocket. If I do a long drive, say from SF to LA, I will plug in my phone just to make sure it’s charged up at my destination. But around town it does not seem to impact t my battery noticeably.

Only one feature seems to not work, it will not display Apple Map directions on the display above the steering wheel like it does if you are plugged in. Hardly really an issue as it shows fine on the main CarPlay screen, and this feature was only added with iOS13 so I did not have that anyway earlier on. Still, wish it did work.

The random disconnects can still happen although I have not had one since the most recent infotainment software update. I will not go far to say it’s fixed, I just haven’t had it happen.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
494 Posts
Those of you using wireless CarPlay, is “CarlinKit 3.0” the one you’re recommending? If so, I’m gonna go ahead and order it today. I’m tired of having to go back to get my phone out of my car. Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 Outback XT Limited (on order)
4 Posts
Yes, that is the version that I purchased CPC200-U2W-Plus 3.0. I got the "Type C" design but the device has a Type C on one end and Type A on the other. Amazon has it for $83 right now.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
7 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just grabbed one myself. Looking forward to using the wireless charging that is in the car for something other than just a place to stash the plugged in phone.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT
709 Posts
The only issue I've experienced with the CarLink, and I am not sure if it is the CarLink or my iPhone, is reconnecting. I start the car in my driveway, CarLink connects in less than a minute. I begin playing a podcast. All is fine. I arrive at my first destination and shut the car off. I leave my iPhone in the charger. I complete my errand (only a few minutes). Start the car and it can take a while, minutes, for the CarLink to connect. Not sure why, When it does, the podcast picks up where it left off.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got mine yesterday and installed it shortly after. Simple install and seems to function well. I'll still plug the phone in for longer trips but it'll be nice for when I'm going places around town or to the other side of the city.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought a Carlinkit and returned it. The disconnects annoyed me a lot, it happened too frequently and both the device and OS were updated.

what I disliked the most though was the music audio quality was noticeably worse and Siri steering wheel controls were slow to respond or did not frequently. I just got used to plugging in the phone again, oh well. At least that is reliable 95% of the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts