Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Have a 2019 Outback.
Has the pushbutton start, and the wireless remote key fob's.

Still a zillion gimmicks that I don't understand.
Will blame it on old age now.

Was thumbing thru the book, and came across a paragraph or two
describing how if the key fob hasn't,t been used in 5 days, it locks itself out.
Also, a more severe lockout if not used in 9 days.

Huh !

Question: if i go on vacation for 2 weeks and leave the car at home, what happens ?

Can i still get into it, and start it ? What has happened, and what should i do ?

**If not, how do I resurrect everything to a normal status; assume the
9 days of inactivity.

Is there some way at Dealership, or by me, to disable this nonsense, and have it work, "always", normally ?

Really confusing.

If anyone could explain all of this for me, would be most
thankful.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,004 Posts
Don't panic - keep reading. The very next paragraph in my manual tells you exactly what functions will wake the system ("recovering..." in bold). Not only do these functions help to prolong the life of the fob battery, they also limit parasitic drain on the car's battery. These are good things.

·
Banned
8 Posts
I can reveal to you that a Prius won't. :) I stopped in the Geneva air terminal one day. Furthermore, as I left my vehicle, I heard a motor turn over. I glanced around. There was a Prius III stopped. Entryways opened. No one inside. What's more, it had recently turned on.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried once on my mother’s 2010-ish Mazda CX-7, one of those ones with a keyfob that has to be within some short distance of the car for the keyless entry and ignition to work. If the engine was off, walking away with the keyfob would lock the doors, and if it was not locked but the keyfob was not in range then the engine would not start. My parents were in the habit of leaving a spare keyfob in their garage, presumably in range of the car (defeating their security entirely, I tried to tell them) but Mom was more concerned about what would happen if she forgot her key one day but was still able to start the car and drive off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts