Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moved to Madison about a year ago. Anyone have good suggestions of some dirt trails to enjoy? I haven’t found any. It seems Wisconsin does like dirt roads!

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,608 Posts
I moved to Saint Nazianz, Wisconsin July 2, 2018. I'm from east central (nearly southern) Illinois so don't call me a FIB! ?
I had to look FIB up as I had never heard that term. Now I see that I'm one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buy a gazetter map book and drive up to nicolet and just drive around - the UP has even more - Make sure you have
a full tank and maybe some spare fuel - Just go explore you'll find them.
Check with jeep clubs also.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
705 Posts
w

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
453 Posts
Tons in the northwest part of WI and in the UP really any national forest area has them and most of northern WI does too. Lots of fun and Subaru is very capable of handling them

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
4,783 Posts
Can I ask you all something? I have lived in Wisconsin for about two years now and there is something I keep seeing drivers in Wisconsin doing that is driving me crazy. It is when someone does not use there turn signal until they are within a second or two from making a turn. I keep coming up on people driving in front of me that come to a near stop, for what appears to me to be no particular reason, and then suddenly flip on their turn signal and immediately turn.

I don't know how to describe it any better other than to add that they usually brake late and hard, if my car didn't have Eyesight to help slow me down I feel like I would have rear ended more than a few people by now. In all the places I have lived and traveled I have never seen this so frequently and frankly so consistently as I have in Wisconsin. Is it something that is taught in driver's education in this state or what?

I learned to drive in Southern Illinois (nowhere near FIB Chicago) and my recollection is being taught to use your turn signal approximately ten seconds before you expect to turn so to give anyone else who could see you enough advance notice of your intention to turn.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
453 Posts
Can I ask you all something? I have lived in Wisconsin for about two years now and there is something I keep seeing drivers in Wisconsin doing that is driving me crazy. It is when someone does not use there turn signal until they are within a second or two from making a turn. I keep coming up on people driving in front of me that come to a near stop, for what appears to me to be no particular reason, and then suddenly flip on their turn signal and immediately turn.

I don't know how to describe it any better other than to add that they usually brake late and hard, if my car didn't have Eyesight to help slow me down I feel like I would have rear ended more than a few people by now. In all the places I have lived and traveled I have never seen this so frequently and frankly so consistently as I have in Wisconsin. Is it something that is taught in driver's education in this state or what?

I learned to drive in Southern Illinois (nowhere near FIB Chicago) and my recollection is being taught to use your turn signal approximately ten seconds before you expect to turn so to give anyone else who could see you enough advance notice of your intention to turn.

I have to say I haven't noticed this, but it could be one of those things that I am just used to and never pay attention. I am going to try and pay more attention now and as I recall from drivers ed I think the rule for turn signals was 200 feet, I don't recall a 10 second rule so maybe the drivers ed is slightly different.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight
260 Posts
I have to say I haven't noticed this, but it could be one of those things that I am just used to and never pay attention. I am going to try and pay more attention now and as I recall from drivers ed I think the rule for turn signals was 200 feet, I don't recall a 10 second rule so maybe the drivers ed is slightly different.
There was a person that I worked with 20 years ago that did that. We all asked him why? He didn't know any better. So we told him to do the 10 sec or as soon as you let off the accelerator flip it on. It could just be that they were never taught anything else.:sleep:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts