Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started my wishlist. Not an easy task since this is so new. Waiting to hear back from places about compatability. Some are small, some not. May change companies if I find better and/or a little less expensive.

Recovery Staps
LP Adventures Ditch lights
LP Adventures rock Sliders
Primitive Racing skid plates (adding more)
Prinsu Roof Rack
Baja Designs light bar
Switch Pros switch panel

My list grew after seeing an outfitting for a 2021 Outback.

Mo many things and currently feel like I can't get anything yet as I need to wait to see if they are compatible.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
337 Posts
I read elsewhere on the forum that Primitive skids are all compatible (front one without the extra lip). However, they are going to do an updated one to better fit the front bumper shape. Given how the front one fits my Touring XT, I would wait for the update (it is tight on the bumper and Wilderness bumper is a different shape).

Again I read this here and not from Primitive. That said it fits what I would expect from them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read elsewhere on the forum that Primitive skids are all compatible (front one without the extra lip). However, they are going to do an updated one to better fit the front bumper shape. Given how the front one fits my Touring XT, I would wait for the update (it is tight on the bumper and Wilderness bumper is a different shape).

Again I read this here and not from Primitive. That said it fits what I would expect from them.
Yeah, that's why I said I will have to wait and see. Need the aftermarket to catch up. These just happen to be the brands on the video I saw. Gave me a start. Never added anything to my vehicles before. Lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as I love my Outback, if you’re putting rock sliders on it, you may have purchased the wrong car.
It's a maybe...lol. just depends. We do a lot of off roading.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK...so I decided not to do the roof rack. I instead just got the Yakima crossbars. I honestly didn't want to take all the work to put in the roof rack as I don't have a garage (condos) and not wanting to shell out the money to have someone else do it. I may change that in the future, but for now I am holding off.

Items purchased now waiting for delivery and install:

• Yakima JetStream crossbars with Timberline towers and locks of course
  • Baja Designs Wide Cornering ditch lights with LP Adventures hood brackets.
  • Diode Dynamics LED reverse lights and interior lights
  • Primitive Racing skid plates

Still undecided on the rock sliders, but may change my mind later on.

·
Registered
2022 OBW, 2008 OBS
82 Posts
For what it’s worth, I have antennas on the corners of the hood where lights would go and so far Eyesight isn’t having conniptions. Same goes with my RAM mounts on the dash, even though they are in the Eyesight “no fly zone”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 OBW, 2008 OBS
82 Posts
OK...so I decided not to do the roof rack. I instead just got the Yakima crossbars. I honestly didn't want to take all the work to put in the roof rack as I don't have a garage (condos) and not wanting to shell out the money to have someone else do it. I may change that in the future, but for now I am holding off.

Items purchased now waiting for delivery and install:

• Yakima JetStream crossbars with Timberline towers and locks of course
  • Baja Designs Wide Cornering ditch lights with LP Adventures hood brackets.
  • Diode Dynamics LED reverse lights and interior lights
  • Primitive Racing skid plates

Still undecided on the rock sliders, but may change my mind later on.
Which skid plates from Primitive? Just the same Outback ones listed on their site, or…?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted them about the skid plates prior to ordering and this is what they said...

"
Hey Kimberly,
As far as we can tell all of the skidplates that fit on the 2021 Outback XT are the same ones that will fit on the 2022 Outback Wilderness edition. It does not appear that they changed any mounting points or the rear differential. We have sent out quite a few orders of those skidplates for the 2022 Outback Wildness and have not had any reports of fitment issues. "

These are the ones I ordered. It will be a couple weeks before I can install them as I do not have a garage, but when I do I will post here if they worked okay.

·
Registered
2022 OBW, 2008 OBS
82 Posts
That’s encouraging. Let us know how it fits. If they work out well, I’ll be on their site ordering.

·
Registered
Subaru Ambassador: 2021 Onyx XT w lots of mods
81 Posts
For what it’s worth, I have antennas on the corners of the hood where lights would go and so far Eyesight isn’t having conniptions. Same goes with my RAM mounts on the dash, even though they are in the Eyesight “no fly zone”.

What is this all about? Can you show this with your devices connected?

·
Registered
2022 OBW, 2008 OBS
82 Posts
Ha! The one on the left is permanently occupied but other two are for phones, GPS, radio, etc.

There is no storage in these cars so I made some.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts