Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like shiny cars - spray tire shine on my tires....just wondering is there a product all you smart folks suggest to keep the cladding shiny and protect it?

Thanks for the suggestion on the Xpel. I ordered it and it arrived at my house, but I'm out of town.

RainX came in handy driving in the rain earlier this week.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
+1 for 303. The only thing is it tends to wash away in rain. But it provides the best UV protection for plastic. I suggest the 303 wipes which are easier to apply and dispose.

·
Registered
2020 Limited 2.5i Outback Magnettie Grey Metallic
278 Posts
I like shiny cars - spray tire shine on my tires....just wondering is there a product all you smart folks suggest to keep the cladding shiny and protect it?

Thanks for the suggestion on the Xpel. I ordered it and it arrived at my house, but I'm out of town.

RainX came in handy driving in the rain earlier this week.
I use Wolfgang exterior trim sealant for the cladding and it stays on a long time.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,609 Posts
Another vote for 303 although it doesn't give the wet glossy look.

The difference between 303 and a shiny product is like the difference in urethane - semi and gloss.

I use 303 on everything, including the interior where the non-shine works very well and it doesnt make your eyes wince.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,679 Posts
The black plastic cladding will out last you....by another lifetime. Do nothing!
Actually, with age I've noted that it tends to crack pretty easily, and I've started to come to the mindset that the cladding is an expendable armor that protects the vitals underneath, much like a helmet, elbow pads, or knee pads.

But I guess at the end of the day that results in my advice being the same as yours: Do nothing.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
28 Posts
Does 303 do anything for headlights to prevent them from fogging over? New car but any protection is good right?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,578 Posts
Does 303 do anything for headlights to prevent them from fogging over? New car but any protection is good right?
I wouldn't use it on headlights. I did on my previous car and it created streaks that needed to be buffed out to remove them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts