Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Currently own a 2005 Honda Accord, and I'm getting up there in mileage.

I'm starting to research new vehicles, Hyundai Sonata, Honda Accord,
and also the Outback. Based on what I've read so far, I'm impressed.

Quick question - in the brochure, and also on Subaru's own website, I've noticed that items like back-up camera, navigation, etc. are only available on upper-trim Outbacks, whereas they are options, or even standard on Sonata, and Accord.

I'm just wondering why, since the Outback is a bit more pricewise?

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
With the outback you're paying for all wheel drive. The stereo, camera & navigation is just tossed in as trim as you've seen.

On a car without AWD that dashboard gear has a more important role in selling the car, so they try a bit harder.

The stereo & navigation systems offered by Subaru aren't very good, but fortunately they are easy to replace. If you get an outback, consider getting it with the cheap radio and then having something nice put in afterwards- it will be leaps and bounds better than a factory system from Subaru, Honda or Hyundai.

As for picking a car... do you need AWD? Usually that's the only reason folks have for picking a Subaru & paying the little bit extra that it costs.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
I used to think that AWD wasn't necessary, but that was before the last two winters. Even on rain slicked highways, the Subaru seems sure-footed. I haven't been up in the snow yet, but am looking forward to that journey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts