Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put a worn out Cabellas Self Inflating queen size mattress back there for the dogs. Does a great job of covering the space between the back of the front seats and the front of the folded down rear sets. Also provides some protection for the rear arm rest. A definite keeper in my book. It does end up folding in the cargo area over the wheel wells.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
Short answer is yes. The distance between the two wheel wells is 43" and I'm seeing that an average twin mattress is 39". I was hoping to fit something larger than that as we're driving cross country this summer. I'm thinking 2 Thermarest Dreamtimes at 25" a piece will be ok, but will be lifted on the sides.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
595 Posts
I have put one in my 2010 for a move, but I was cramped in the driver's seat at 5'10" (the 2013 interior dimensions have not changed from the 2010).

For a short drive, it works well, but if anyone looking at this thread in the future might be looking to go camping with it long term, I would recommend looking into another option.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
With the back seats down for a trip home from the mattress store?

Thanks!
I don't think he's talking about camping/sleeping in the car---unless it's a really long ride home.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts