Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Limited Pkg 34 2.5 L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just got a new Outback and I'm loving it! I want to get some new wheels and tires to be more off-road capable and I am currently looking at the; Black Rhino Overland 17 X8 5-114.30 35 BKMTXX for wheels and the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 225 /65 R17 102H SL RBL for tires. Would this combo work without a lift and would this be the biggest size tire I could go with? Any input would help! Again, I'm glad to finally be apart of this community!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
9,559 Posts
The Black Rhino Overland is 32 pounds and the stock wheel is 26 pounds - so I think it may be heavier than you want.

There's a whole separate thread about tires and wheels that fit worth browsing for more ideas:

·
Registered
2021 Limited Pkg 34 2.5 L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Black Rhino Overland is 32 pounds and the stock wheel is 26 pounds - so I think it may be heavier than you want.

There's a whole separate thread about tires and wheels that fit worth browsing for more ideas:

Hmm... yeah the new tires that I'm thinking of getting weigh 30 pounds. I'll look at it right now, thank you for your reply!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
9,559 Posts
Stock wheel and tire combo is 52 pounds - 26 tires + 26 wheels.

If your overall weight increases by 5 pounds per corner you may not notice, but 10 pounds you will notice some sluggishness with the naturally aspirated 2.5. To increase acceleration and performance of you 2.5 try to find lighter wheels like the Method MR503. Tire Rack lets you sort wheels by weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts