Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited, Option 21 package, oem hitch, oem remote starter, Pearl
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
2017 Outback limited 2.5. Has 5,400 miles on this oil (exactly 5 qts @ change). Have not added any since.

I won't get to change it for another 1000 miles due to transition in housing.

Would you add any now? Odometer 9,400 mi.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,716 Posts
Your oil level looks to be about 1/4" inch below the top hole. If I'm reading the photo correctly, then you don't need to do anything. You're GTG.

You can top if off if you wish however it's not a quart low until the level is at the lower hole.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
If you plan to change it in another 1k miles you will be just fine.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited, Option 21 package, oem hitch, oem remote starter, Pearl
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for thoughts. I was leaning towards not touching it either and I can be safe knowing 5 qts at change required no oil addition during normal OCI (at least early on in her life). I performed the 1st OC @. 4,100 miles and that's what's in the case now. Napa syn 0-20.

I have penz plat 0-20 already on deck for my new garage in 14 days.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,716 Posts

Cheers
Why would your new garage need motor oil? Shouldn't it be put into the car instead?

:ucrazy:

:hide:

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Why would your new garage need motor oil? Shouldn't it be put into the car instead?

:ucrazy:

:hide:
Large Outback, small garage carried in large Outback: he needs the oil to make it easier to slide in and out, duh! :D

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Pearl Outback 3.6R Premier
189 Posts
I find when checking the oil level on my Outback, its quite sensitive to any change in slope. I thought mine had used half a quart until I parked in a more level part of driveway.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
510 Posts
I do not know about a 2017 2.5 but my 2012 3.6R is ultra sensitive about being on level ground when checking oil levels.

When traveling if I find a low level I will rotate the car 180 wait 1/2 an hour and check again.

I always go out to the car early before breakfast check oil and tires when traveling.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
68 Posts
Thanks all for thoughts. I was leaning towards not touching it either and I can be safe knowing 5 qts at change required no oil addition during normal OCI (at least early on in her life). I performed the 1st OC @. 4,100 miles and that's what's in the case now. Napa syn 0-20.

Cheers

Congrats on the new garage!! I had to go without a garage for a while... it really hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts