Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
1998 Subaru Legacy Outback
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a forum specifically dedicated to Outbacks. This site is great. I can't wait to look at the amazing backlog that's already here. I've been to the Impreza board, and to www.forumsubaru.com, to alt.autos.subaru, and some others, but I think I've found my Outback-related home...

I love my '98 Legacy Outback. I bought it because I'm in a band, & have to haul a decent amount of equipment, & it seemed great on gas, and the AWD in Pennsylvania is a must in the winter... at least around my house.

It's by far the best car I've owned, & I'm actually looking forward to learning how to do some stuff that'll make it all my own, & to hear others' Outback tales.

I'll have to find pics of it stuffed with equipment. :D

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Hey glad to have you here! :D Your case sounds very similiar to one of our most infamous members here, FMGreen. He has a band as well, a late 90's Outback, and lives up in your neck of the woods so to say (Rochester, NY). You guys should chat, maybe rock out even :18:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. I was never a gear-head when it came to cars, but I'm becoming one with the purchase of my Outback, I've had it slightly over a year now. My girlfriend laughs because I'm in love with a station wagon, & not a sports car... ha ha ha.

It's cool to know that other rockers have Outbacks, as around here it seems to be mostly middle-aged women driving Outbacks. :1pat: Mine's about the only one you'll find with Skull valve caps & a Misfits sticker in the back window.

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
AiXeLsyD13 said:
Awesome. I was never a gear-head when it came to cars, but I'm becoming one with the purchase of my Outback, I've had it slightly over a year now. My girlfriend laughs because I'm in love with a station wagon, & not a sports car... ha ha ha.

It's cool to know that other rockers have Outbacks, as around here it seems to be mostly middle-aged women driving Outbacks. :1pat:

Ah don't worry, I get crap from everyone for driving a station wagon... although those people who laugh are the ones who always want me to haul stuff around for them, give them rides in the winter, pull them out of the snow, etc. Its also funny how everyone who's rode in it and especially those who have driven it change their low opinions of it rather quickly :rolleyes: :D

Well I think us younger types are starting to take over the Outback crowd truth be told, especially with the new 2005 models that are now out. I don't doubt for a second that there are going to be tons of 20's age people who give the Outback a serious look now ;)

AiXeLsyD13 said:
Mine's about the only one you'll find with Skull valve caps & a Misfits sticker in the back window.
You seriously need to make a gallery here with that kind of stuff! :p :D

Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
I've always like the outback concept, AWD, wagon, now they put some good power in them too.

I'm a person who loves the outdoors, from mountain biking to long distance bike touring, to adventure racing, to kayaking, to skiing, to backpacking and hiking. It is a car that will get me to places and enjoy the ride there.

Enjoy your OB.. I pick mine up tomorrow... hee hee hee...

Jay

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, it is a great concept, & I hear they go pretty bad-ass on all kinds of terrian. I'll wait 'till mine's paid off to do that though. :) I've already had a moving van side-swipe my car & tear up the entire passenger's side. The body shop got it back to beautiful in no time though. I'd like to keep it nice.

I thought about getting a lift kit after it's paid off too...

Anyone here do that? I've seen a few of them out there in internet land.

Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
AiXeLsyD13 said:
It's like someone else is posting my thoughts under a different name!
If you had told me 2 years ago that I would be changing my own struts and doing other serious repairs on my own car, I would have told you that you were crazy.

AiXeLsyD13 said:
...Mine's about the only one you'll find with Skull valve caps & a Misfits sticker in the back window.
Mine sports a weezer sticker in the front and rear as well as an Apple Computer logo in the rear. It has been affectionately dubbed "The Weezer Wagon."

Welcome to the board dude!

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
AiXeLsyD13 said:
around here it seems to be mostly middle-aged women driving Outbacks.

*G* I'm a middle-aged guy driving an Outback, and I like to joke that it looks like I'm borrowing my wife's car.

Welcome to the board! Longroofs rule!

:D

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
AiXeLsyD13 where in SW PA are you? I grew up a little NE of PGH.

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
AiXeLsyD13 said:

I work in the 'Burgh, live currently in Murrysville... right between Monroeville & Greensburg.

Where NE of the city were you from?
I was born at Magee and lived in Pittsbugh-Vandergrift-Saltsburg for the first 18 years of my life

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
living in Cleveland for 10 years (ugh!) made me hate both flat land and cold. So I moved to W. NC to enjoy the terrain of western/central PA with a little bit of heat.

If it wasn't for the bitter, depression inducing hatred of winter I developed, I'd probably have moved back to Pittsburgh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts