Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
00 OB 07 OBXT
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, noone even comes in here anymore.

So, been watching WRC on Youtube. It's pretty easy to find them all on EuroHD. Just search WRC 2012 and the location like Sweden and there you are.

Check the times on the vids, the ones I'm watching are split in to Day [1-3] parts 1 & 2 , some are longer than others [the Monte Rally I watched was about 2.5 hours long total]

Pretty interesting so far this year [watched Monte Carlo & Sweden]. Pretty much what we were all talking about a few years back .

How would Solberg do in a non Subaru factory car
How would Hirvonnon match up with Loeb in the same car, etc.

Anyway, the vids are out there if you want to watch them. I'll try to remember to post some links when I go watch Mexico and Portugal this weekend.

·
Registered
'99 Dodge Caravan Sport, 3.3 liter pushrod powerhouse
454 Posts
You've been my WRC dealer for years now. I was all set to dl some rallies to watch at home (no internet). :(

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6r, 1998 subaru impreza 2.5rs
94 Posts
Didn't even now this section existed..

I'm a huge rally fan.

Haven't been happy watching wrc unil Portugal. I really hope wrc goes towards more "endurance" style events like Portugal.(mostly because I want loeb to retire), and the events seem more entertaining.

·
Registered
00 OB 07 OBXT
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can download the videos from Youtube and save them. If you use Firefox, get the download helper addon, works great.

Rally is and always has been a timed event with the point being to finish stages in the shortest amount of time possible ... not sure what you mean by endurance. There is always the Baja 1000 if that's what you mean.

Not sure why anyone would want one of the most talented drivers around to retire. The combination of the driver/co-driver and the teams ability to consistently deliver a mostly bulletproof car is why they win ... it's not like he's a cheat.

We had all discussed how much of the success of Citroen was due to the car. Now that they have one of Loebs biggest competitors on the team, we can get a better idea.

Petter has a full factory ride now, he doesn't have to worry so much about breaking stuff and can concentrate on flooring it.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6r, 1998 subaru impreza 2.5rs
94 Posts
Yeah, I've just been streaming youtube on my tv.

But now SPEED will be showing WRC starting this weekend..woohoo..

(thanks, I know how rallies work), but previous to this year, events were getting shorter and shorter (typically fri afternoon with the "specialstage" ie spectator stage 1-2km, then sat/sun regular stages. Now they are going with "qualifying" thursday, and stages fri/sat/sun. Much more endurance style vs previous years (2000's anyways).

Not sure why anyone would want one of the most talented drivers around to retire. The combination of the driver/co-driver and the teams ability to consistently deliver a mostly bulletproof car is why they win ...
Mostly because he's boring to watch, has no personality, and when something goes wrong (even if it was his fault) he's always blaming someone/thing else.

We had all discussed how much of the success of Citroen was due to the car. Now that they have one of Loebs biggest competitors on the team, we can get a better idea.
Sort of... Citreon is all about team orders, it will be interesting to see if they continue this.

Petter has a full factory ride now, he doesn't have to worry so much about breaking stuff and can concentrate on flooring it.
I'm not so sure he will change his style. For the first year of his private venture he was still flooring it and breaking everything/crashing. I think he's learnt his limits, and has been driving better (at least podium wise) because of it.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,358 Posts
Glad to hear that some kind of TV coverage has been rescued... I was bidding on doing the Mexico broadcast job last month, but the backers didn't like anyone's numbers.

So it's looking like the only rally work I get to do this year will be X games, and that's just not the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts