Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 14th we left a relatives house in southern TN to go to a state park East of Huntsville AL. While in Huntsville we were heading south and the sun was popping in and out the clouds. I was looking ahead for the street we needed to turn on, and had put down the visor to block the sun. Next thing I know the wife shouts that was a red light, and we were hit on the passenger side. The front wheel area took the blunt of the impact, and the doors were damaged. No one was hurt, but we were shaken. The gentleman who hit us was a Church administrator who lived 2 blocks away. His wife came down with the church van and helped us empty out our personal belongings before the car was towed away. Of course the Fire dept showed and made sure we were OK. Then a police man showed up and checked out drivers license and took our statements as to what happened. I took full blame as it was all my fault. He didn't give me a ticket, but can they mail one???
Both cars had to be towed away. His fairly new ford was a lot more damaged than the Outback. One of the firemen said "I think my next car will be a Subaru. We went to the administers house called our insurance and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them. We were supplied with water and bathroom use. All I can say is if your going to get in a wreck be in a Subaru, and have it with a good Christian person. Out son who lives in TN sent his girlfriend and she picked us up with all our stuff, and took us to the Enterprise outfit the insurance sent us to.
Got home the next day, and have been dealing with the insurance co and the outfit that will be repairing the car. Here are a few picks.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is why I have a Subi. 'Just in case'.

Glad you're ok, and sucks you missed the red.

BTW, yes they can mail tickets, but it's unusual most places I know of.
Heard from the repair shop this morning. @ 20 working days. Parts are on order but some may take a while longer to get as the 2020 Outback is really different because of the all new suspension system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts