Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so you're wondering if those folks on ebay claiming that a WRX pipe will fit yr car are right?? well, sorta.

got an 02 WRX exh from 1st cat back (i.e., the 2 rear sections). it fits onto hangers easily....but if you use both sections, you'll need to cut off the forwardmost flange and re-weld back on rotated abt 60 degrees.
if you just use the rear section, it's abt 1/4-3/8" too short, and you'll need to either weld a flange onto the WRX pipe and another matching one onto your stock center section (i passed on this cuz i want to keep my stock stuff stock. or fabricate a spacer about 1/4-3/8" thick out of either steel or aluminum (steel will prob stand up to heat of catalyzed exhaust better) and then drill and tap it so it matches the respective sides.

so, it's do-able, but it ain't a pure bolt-on. i'm still in process of modifying it to fit and will post results and more info once done.

bw

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh, guess i sometimes forget abt doing it the easy way....seems to be a recurring problem, but i DID stop before getting the 4-post hydraulic lift.....

seriously, thanx, Steve for the info....sometimes when you're slogging through all these projects, it's good to know that the results will be worth it. fear of it not working out/making difference/bein worth the trouble once done can be major gumption trap (called Fiat-MG Syndrome around here)

bruce weathers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts