Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 Supparoo Outback, 4 cyl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 Outback, and the exhaust is failing. Rusting out right behind the flexible gasket, under the front seats.

I see a cheap exhaust on Craig's. For a 04-07 WRX. From the flexible gasket back. Looks surpsisingly like the Outbacks.

Are these interchangeable? Thanks!

·
Registered
03 Baja Yellow 5MT 235k miles & 09 Outback 2.5i Quartz Silver 5MT 105k miles
88 Posts
It would need to be modded by an exhaust shop to fit right.

·
Registered
02 Supparoo Outback, 4 cyl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks! I appreciate the tips! anyone know a good / cheap source for that mid pipe, betweet the cat pipe and the muffler? It has 2 resonators in it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
354 Posts
Advance auto parts sells a Walker brand. You can find a code to get 40 off 100 and it qualifies for a 50 dollar mail in rebate.

·
Registered
2001 Outback 2.5 with 5 Speed
143 Posts
Hi, I have a 2002 Outback, and the exhaust is failing. Rusting out right behind the flexible gasket, under the front seats.

I see a cheap exhaust on Craig's. For a 04-07 WRX. From the flexible gasket back. Looks surpsisingly like the Outbacks.

Are these interchangeable? Thanks!
I also have a WRX exhaust on craigslist here in my city and considered using just the muffler on my car. I have a shop that could hang it for me, but I wasn't sure if it would sound good or to loud.

Anyone have one installed? I would love to have that deep exhaust tone that they have, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it.

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,443 Posts
I also have a WRX exhaust on craigslist here in my city and considered using just the muffler on my car. I have a shop that could hang it for me, but I wasn't sure if it would sound good or to loud.

Anyone have one installed? I would love to have that deep exhaust tone that they have, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it.
A big part of "the WRX sound" is the unequal-length header in combination with a turbo. Changing mufflers on your car can certainly get you a rewarding improvement in sound, but you might be better off just looking for a performance muffler meant for your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts