Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone know if the WRX aluminium pedal set be able to fit on a 02 Outback 5MT? I saw a tread on Subhuman's writeup a few years back where he put the WRX pedals on his 04 LGT and they look great!!:29:

Jim

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input will be helpful. I like the aluminium look of them.

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
If they fit a Legacy of the same generation, it's pretty safe to say they would fit yours considering the interiors are identical.

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have a set ordered last night via Subaruparts.com
$55.37 plus shipping. Can't wait to get them as my original rubber pedals are kind of worn out on one side. :(

Will post pics of the new do once I get them in.:29:

Jim

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my pedals in today from the dealer. Can't wait to put them in this weekend. Here's a picture of how they look like all wrap in blue plastic sticky wrap. They are actually made in Japan....:D

·
Registered
01 Subie Outback-base
117 Posts
Can't wait for the pics....

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here they are....:D

I am thinking of Subtle's dead pedal plate next:29:

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Looks Great! How are they attached to the pedals? Do you know if there are WRX pedals like this for an AT? My gas pedal is the same, but the brake pedal on the AT is alot wider.

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks Great! How are they attached to the pedals? Do you know if there are WRX pedals like this for an AT? My gas pedal is the same, but the brake pedal on the AT is alot wider.
They are very simple. I just peel out the old rubber ones on the brake and clutch pedals (mine are bald on one side of the rubber from years of pressing against them) and slide the new ones on. The gas pedal, you would need to take the bolts out at the back (two bolts) and unloosen the back plate. You then unhook the spring and push the pin out of the plastic pedal. I use a small hammer and a piece of wood to knock the pin out. Once you get the pin off, just put the spring back on with the new pedal and push the pin back in. That's it....:29:

Not sure about the auto version but I assume it is base on the same principle.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Ok Thanks! I found that part# 36023KE000 is for the AT brake pedal and part# 36024FA001 is the acceleration pedal and is the same as in the MT.

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool...yeah all the part# are in my first picture if you 5MT subies would like to do this mod:29::D

·
Registered
2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Subtle Dead Pedal

Ladies and Gentlemen....Subtle Dead Pedal with the WRX Aluminium Pedals:D

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Pedals installed on a AT Outback. :D

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
I need to get a dead pedal as well. :p

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT
100 Posts
Performance suby,

Would you mind measuring the dimensions on those pedals for me? I'm trying to figure out if they would fit on my Gen4 Outback (AT). They look great on your car!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
If your planning to install WRX pedals in your 2013 Outback, you may need later version WRX pedals, especially since the acceleration pedal on the newer generations are one piece electronic units. Meaning that just the pedal cannot be changed.

The brake pedal should be the same or similar to mine though.

Here are the measurements for the brake pedal on mine:

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Why what?

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,109 Posts
Why spend the money on something that doesn't make the car faster, last longer, or ride better?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts