Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
866 Posts
Looks Great! How are they attached to the pedals? Do you know if there are WRX pedals like this for an AT? My gas pedal is the same, but the brake pedal on the AT is alot wider.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
866 Posts
Ok Thanks! I found that part# 36023KE000 is for the AT brake pedal and part# 36024FA001 is the acceleration pedal and is the same as in the MT.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
866 Posts
If your planning to install WRX pedals in your 2013 Outback, you may need later version WRX pedals, especially since the acceleration pedal on the newer generations are one piece electronic units. Meaning that just the pedal cannot be changed.

The brake pedal should be the same or similar to mine though.

Here are the measurements for the brake pedal on mine:

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
866 Posts
I guess its just for aesthetics. My original brake pedal cover had a hole in it and kept falling off so that is why I "upgraded" to the WRX pedals.

Compare it to installing a spoiler, splash guards, brush bar etc, neither of which would make the car faster, last longer, or ride better... but people still install them.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
866 Posts
You may be right about spoiler, no wonder the WRX's and STI's need them to go "faster" :D.

I haven't had any problems with lack of traction, in fact I find them to have more traction than the original pedal, since these have little rubber nubs that seem to be doing well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.