Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB: Doors, full mirror assbly, front bumper, front pass. fender, and qtr. panel

2002 Outback Wintergreen (light,pearl green) Limited
* ANY model (eg. VDC, Limited, LL Bean, Base)that will fit the car is acceptable
* Prefer color matching, but willing to look at ANY color parts that fit.

Looking to buy any or all of the follow:

- Both passenger side doors (full and complete assbly) - prefer mirrors attached
- Both driver and passenger mirrors, complete assembly - heated and power
- Front bumper - complete assbly
- Front passenger side fender
- Passenger rear quarter panel

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Replied to your reply in my thread but I'll post here as well.

-Have the doors in color. No mirrors.
-I have a lightly hail-damaged RH fender in red. Rust free.
-Have a car I could strip the quarter panel from. . .but I hope you realize what's involved in swapping that. Not for the faint of heart.
-Lots of non-heated mirrors. None in color at the moment tho.

Lots of luck finding a good front bumper used. I have everything but the cover if you wanna buy that new. Think they're about $300, plus paint, which a decent body shop will charge you about $300 more for a proper paint job. I just paid $550 to have a pair resprayed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, it's much appreciated!

- What are you asking for each item?

- Would you mind posting pictures of all the items you mentioned?

- For the quarter panel if I brought it to a body shop what do you think they'd charge me to put it on and spray it?

- Are the mirrors you have power? Will they work with my car since they are not heated? What color are the mirrors?

- For the front bumper, when you say you have everything else, but the cover what does that include? So if I got this from you all I need is the bumper cover to complete the bumper?

I'm in Jackson, MS so relatively not too far from you. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
-Doors $75 each sans mirrors
-power (non-heated) mirrors: $20 ea. Yes, they will plug into your existing door harnesses. You can swap back to heated mirrors later if you find a set. They're semigloss black.
-Quarter panel:$200-350 depending on how you want it removed. Sawzall cuts on the c/d pillar and floor will be cheapest. If you want all the spot welds drilled out and the outer panel separated from the rest of the car that'll be on the high end. It's a huge PITA as there are a hundred or so spot welds to drill out.
-I have the foam absorber and steel reinforcing beam, as well as the four metal stays/struts that hold the sides of the bumper in shape (leading edge of the wheel opening). I do have a cover as well but it's torn and not worth saving. $100 for the lot.
-Fender $40, includes lower plastic cladding. No mud guard.

Before you get too crazy into this I'd find a body shop and talk to them about what it's gonna cost to get that quarter welded in and painted. There are a couple of different ways to do it. They'll also be able to tell you how much of a section you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
lockmedic
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing