Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003, obs, h6, 85k on motor, 160k on trans
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for used headers on a 2003 h6 outback sedan. id like to see a photo of the headers, before we talk price. 19720 zip code for shipping.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,947 Posts
There are 2 boneyards near me with gen 2 H6 engines, search car-part for a 2001-2004 H6 engine and something should turn up, as long as selling a used converter can be wangled.

Did something happen to yours?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bank 1 cat is rattling and has an exhaust leak throwing a p0420 code, bran new o2 and a/f sensors all around too done by me because of a p0420 code about 6000 miles back. mechanice definatly isolated my current code to my bank 1 cat being shot and their is also a leak in that bank 1 header. ideally id like to just replace both headers, because my bank 2 header looks rusted, with something that will hopefully make it another 3-5 years. love my h6 obs. id buy new headers from subaru if money wasnt so tight right now, 1600 is the asking price online for new headers. i have tried car-part.com and i wasnt able to find anything that fits my engine, their is no subaru outback to choose from i have to choose legacy. their are some 2000-2004 subaru outback parts listed under the legacy but no mention of the h6 3.0 engine, im off tomorrow and plan on making a few calls, you wouldnt happen to know the number and name of these nj slavage yards? i live in de, its just a short drive over the bridge to get anywhere in nj from here. my h6 obs is in the shop now im just tring to locate a new headers at a reasonable price so she breaths right again. im stuck in my wifes yellow nissan xterra for now while she is on maternity leave.... i may have transportation but i still feel out of a ride walking up to a yellow suv.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bank 1 header is about 650 new online and the bank 2 header is about 900. i may just get a new bank 1 header and replace bank 2 header when i can afford it. but id rather just keep this down to a minimal expense until my wife is back to work. bad timing really.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
I think the best bet is to use car-part.com and search for an engine, then call and see what you can finagle.

The 2 yards near me are way up in NY.

If you search for an engine, the 3.0 option comes up. A pagefull of 3.0s come up if I search the 'mid-atlantic' region

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cny dave, thanks for telling me to refine my search to engine. i found a bunch of listings for the 3.0 engine all with in a couple hours drive round trip of me, one thats only 16 miles from me. hopefully one of these places has a pair of headers in decent shape, thanks again bro. huge help.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Bring cash and a larcenous attitude and they may look the other way regarding selling a used converter. I hear some places will, some won't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.