Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, first post here but im an sti guy so most of my activity is on iwsti or nasioc. anyway, as the title states were looking to add an outback to the family, specifically a 2008 or 2009 xt with a manual transmission. i know these are hard to come by as there are precious few listed for sale on the usual sites. feel free to reply or pm me, im in ohio but am willing to go pretty far away if its worth it. thanks!

·
Registered
'18 Outback 3.6 Limited (Magnetite Grey)
58 Posts
I will be putting my '09 XT up for sale in a month or so (still need the car until the weather clears for my summer car). It's a Diamond Grey, 5MT with ~24000 miles on it.

I am in Canada - I bought it with about 7000 miles and imported it as the XT wasn't available in Canada after 2008. I know that it may not be as straight forward as buying it in the States, but thought I would put it out for your consideration... I don't know what is involved with re-importing a vehicle, but it may be something that you may consider...

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Good luck!

I think the '08-'09 Outbacks were the best ones ever made. You're right, finding an MT XT for those years is definitely going to be tricky!

·
Registered
'09 DBM XT 5sp
10 Posts
Hey Kelly. Are you still searching for an OBXT manual? If you are, I've recently decided to put mine up for sale (this is the first time that I'm announcing it, actually). It's a 2009 XT manual in DBM and has been babied since the day I brought it home. Currently it just mostly sits in my driveway, under a sweet car cover I bought. Every weekend (or every other) I take her out for a spin to let her warm up and take in some pavement time. She is flawless still -- had her professionally cleaned (inc the moonroof tracks) 8 months ago and the interior is still shining. Serviced per maintenance requirements every time at my local subie dealer. No problems at any time whatsoever. Two adjustments I made early on were swapping the nonXT spoke rims on at the dealer (they look way better than the stock XTs) and then had a local professional auto detailer in town cover all the interior wood grain with 3M carbon fiber. I am not a wood grain type person, and visually it turned out better than I even hoped. All standard accessories and amenities are in pristine condition (heck the roof rack has been hiding in the closet since day 1, and the hatch liner looks unused). She currently sits at 42,500 miles, and about a quarter of that came from Xmas trips each year to see my family out of state. I replaced the stock tires with Falken Ziex ZE-912 back when she was approaching 20k mi. And just last year I put in a new NAPA battery (not the base one, but the more highly rated and expensive one). And that's it. My only stipulation is that she goes to a good home, to someone who will take care of her b/c she can provide a lot in terms of safety, functionality (wagon!), and, if you're so inclined, the occasional spirited trip courtesy of the turbo. "Wait, that wagon just did whaaaat??" I am under zero financial pressure to sell her, and so I will patiently wait for serious interest and offers only. I will not respond to low-ball offers and the like -- though I can promise I will laugh at them. Which is why I'm choosing the OB forum to kick-off this search, as I presume this is essentially a family of Outback (and Subie) lovers like myself. So Kelly or anyone else who is genuinely interested, hit me up: g<underscore>shumway<at>yahoo<dot>com. I don't have any pics with me to attach at the moment, but here are a few back when I first got her (she's barely changed at all):
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/63-gallery/17911-2009-ob-xt-deep-bronze-metallic.html
Peace out!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.