Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for what title says. Mine has nothing on the bottom and is taking rocks, etc right now. She runs good for the moment, I would like to keep it that way. Plus, I can only imagine how my mileage is suffering from the kite effect under there.

Anyway, if you have one laying around, or took it off because it was annoying you, I'd love to take it off your hands. For others, if you happen to have one, could you post a picture of it? I don't even know what it looks like.

Jon

ps... this is my second OB, and the second time the undercover was gone...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
subarus of the 90s did not come standard with anything underneath.
there is a skid plate available for both the engine and the rear diff. i had one on a 98 outback (99built) anniversary edition. but i don't know if it was ''stock'' with the anniv. edition or if it was part of an option package. it also had a hitch receiver.

cars built in 99 (both 98MY and 99MY) had more ''stuff'' standard than 98MY built in 98 or 99MY built in 00.
this is especially obvious on the L models. they have stuff that wasn't even an option on earlier L models. i think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like something should go there, I can't remember and look right now, but I thought I saw empty holes as well. Certainly seems like it would be a huge windcatch without something to slide the air under the car. I did find this online:
Engine Guard | Car Parts
But I have no idea if that is something that goes there or somewhere else. I guess I should look at when it was built.

Jon

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
The rocky mountain edition had front and rear diff covers, a slight cover in the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
sirtef9
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing