Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

got a request for someone who has a GOOD red outback left rear door, in RED as seen here.
Will pay shipping cost in full, or come pick it up if you are within 300 miles drive.
Also, anyone got a rust free rear dogleg quarter panel cut, just from the rocekr panel to the middle of the rear wheel arch. plan to section this repair on the rebuilder which is shown.

I know there are probably a few out there on car-part, but none are in red near me, and I have trust in someone here to help located a good one for this 100k car.
please and thanks.
brent

·
Registered
189 Posts
There's one in utah , Im gonna call the guy and see if he still has it ... He's parting out a red 98 .... lucky for you im going to utah tonight or in the am ... He's 50 miles from where im going , Shoot me a text 7027436832 or call me and if you want maybe you can pay pal me the money and ill ship it out to you ?

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
looks a lil darker :28: but im also color blind:p

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are like 3 colors of these. i am not sure that one is the same
color code on the one i need is: 5V2
if you can find out on that one, code is open hood look on left shock upper top mount.
thanks
hopeful this is the right one hard to tell. I will send a front shot of mine on here.

will be hopeful but who knows.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stilllooking, anyone got a "coke red" door?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone still looking, have stopped at 2 listed on car-parts site, one in redwing MN, but it was the wrong red. willing to drive to get it, or pay for shipping either way.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Locate one on Craigslist in KC area. It is on the way now, finally can do the rest of the bodywork on the 1/4 panel and be done with this car for my brother.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5L 4 cylinder Automatic 194K Purchased March 6,2013 at Salem, NH auction.
15 Posts
I sold my 2001 Subaru Forester with 162K recently to a guy in Newton Mass who owns a Gas Station/garage. I was really pleased to hear he planned to fix it. I have spoken to him the other day and he said the repairs were almost completed. I want to go check it out, if I do I will post some pictures of it here. It had been obviously in an accident. A woman driving a 2011 Toyota Camry going at least 35-40MPH.

She hit me hard enough to push me 20 ft and spun me around 180 degrees so I ended up facing the opposite direction than I was going. Have to say my Forester took the hit well. Still waiting to see who will be found at fault.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the the the amount of responses I got and was easily able to sell it within 5 days on Craig's List.

Started to wonder if I sold it too cheap but it was a lot better than the $200 the sleazy owner of garage/body shop who was so kind to offer me and he'll "junk" it for me. He told me it a "totaled" and no insurance company would pay to cover this type of repair even if it was 6 yrs newer??

Only conclusion I can make is:
1) He doesn't know what he is talking about even though 2nd generation in the family business over 35 yrs or
2) He was trying to legally "steal" the car from me. Anyway no matter I would have rather parked it in my driveway so I could still sit in it and listen to my tunes than to sell it for $200 bucks.

It still drove, not very well but it could still move itself!

2001 Subaru Forester Parts Only - $1100 (Lowell )

My 2001 Subaru Forester (AWD) was recently hit on the passenger side rear door by a woman driving a Toyota last Friday Feb 22, 2013 right here on Plain St Lowell MA. As I was attempting to enter the parking lot, apparently she did not see or was unable to stop in time so Whamo!

I don't carry collision because of its age and mileage (162222) so unless the other party's insurance decides in my favor I may be S**t of of luck!

Take advantage of my misfortune, if you have a car like this you and need parts send me an email and we can talk.

The engine and transmission, alternator,starter all working, battery is less than 2 years old, tires are in great condition, the seats are fair and original stock AM/FM CD, Cassette is working, lots of body parts.

I am hoping to sell it as is for $1100 or eventually will start selling off the parts.

Also if anyone thinks they can fix this car you are welcome to come take a look and give me a price to make it drivable.

Here are some pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.