Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of 17" wheels to use for winter tires on my '15 Outback Limited. Would consider offers for 18" wheels as well, and wheels that already have snow tires with some tread. About to head into my first winter with this car and looking forward to some trips up to VT in the snow :)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
Here are some on Long Island if you wanted to take the expensive ferry ride vs. similar time of driving around through NYC.
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/67-classifieds/461010-2015-outback-18-rims-long-island-ny-600-a.html

check craigsilst, and be willing to drive as far as jersey to buy the right ones.
(15-18 outback/ legacy 5x114.3 offset, forester had a different year on that changover from the subaru old spec 5x100).

_____

and here is some ultra cheap OEM steelies. still did not find out how big they are. (if you can take whatever diameter they are and put them on your car successfully, you cold buy some snows, and sell them again if you don't like them)

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/67-classifieds/460497-fs-2015-outback-steel-wheels-hubcaps-ct.html

________

some online places maybe running out of snows in the size you want this week.
local retailers may still have them as they were already in their local warehouses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, unfortunately a drive to LI or NJ right now is out of the question. I saw those ones in hartford, but couldn't get there quick enough and they sold. My local Costco has the Blizzaks I want for $70 off w/ 1c install per tire, so was hoping to jump on something this week.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm trying to get tires for my new rims soon and then my 17s with barely used duellers will be for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
If this doesn't work out, I have 17'' rims from an 'ohsix outback. I am looking to get 16'' rims and new tires for my 'ohsix. I will sell you these ones. Solid condition, just a little wear
you got a 2006? under your avatar is just a 2003 (and in your avatar)

you can hit the link next to the question mark in my signature and update all that you got now.

·
Registered
2005 Outback, 2.5 L
46 Posts
you got a 2006? under your avatar is just a 2003 (and in your avatar)

you can hit the link next to the question mark in my signature and update all that you got now.

Fixed. New Subaru- just got it a few days ago- searching for parts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up with a set of OEM 17" wheels from '15 or '16 WRX (found on CL for $320) and grabbed a set of Blizzaks from Costco when they had the $70 off plus free installation deal for Bridgestone. They're a bit wider (8" vs 7") than Gen5 Outback OEM, but the 225/65R17 tires still fit. and they look pretty slick too.

Mods - not sure if I need to do anything to close out this classified thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.