Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBK 2.5i 4AT AWD - LPG
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching someone that have the compete seats in good condition from an XT to change mine like the attached.
Here in italy these seats are not disposable, no parts for the original ones I have, so...why don't update the seats with a pair of XT, that are a little bit sporty than mine?
No powerbseats, manual regulation.
If anyone has them or can find them in a junkyard/swap or similar, can keep in touch with me?

thanks!

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,318 Posts
seats are big, heavy, and expensive to ship.

I think you will be out on a road trip to swap seats in a parts yard to get them.

recently someone on here from Italy mentioned driving all the way to Lithuania/ Latvia to get subaru used parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi eagle eye,

thanks for the reply. I've found that also there I can find seats like the picture, simply search for Legacy one.
I've found a part dealer that have both driver and passenger one, from a 2007 Legacy model (pic attached), but I don't know if the driver has powerseat, I can mount easily on my OB...I mean, I don't know if the harness has the connector to send power to the seat!
Any thoughts is appreciable!

thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,318 Posts
if the seats have airbags in them, they might need to be paired to the car. (like dealer only).

forester / impreza seats might work,

outback / legacy outback maybe the most comfortable though.

·
Registered
07 OBXT
22 Posts
Hi eagle eye,

thanks for the reply. I've found that also there I can find seats like the picture, simply search for Legacy one.
I've found a part dealer that have both driver and passenger one, from a 2007 Legacy model (pic attached), but I don't know if the driver has powerseat, I can mount easily on my OB...I mean, I don't know if the harness has the connector to send power to the seat!
Any thoughts is appreciable!

thanks a lot!
What year is your Outback? In Italy was the BP generation (3rd gen outback) from 2005-2007 then facelift 2008-2009, because I know that years we recieved the outback was different from japan - I'm not sure if it was for Europe as well. I do know you received a more premium model in terms of features and safety regulations.

I have swapped in 2008 Legacy GT seats into my 2007 Outback XT - both were leather full power heated. First difference are the actual rails the mount to the floor, the outback is slightly taller seat position - they will bolt up but do not be surprised if you feel lower roughly 20mm.

In US the 05-06 seats were interchangeable between outback/legacy, in 2007 it got a little different depending on trim level - my 2007 outback drivers seat had 5 plugs however the 2008 legacy seat had only 4. This was related to the height difference I mentioned above. I swapped the seat buckle from my 2007 model to the 2008 seat: let us know your model/year as it may not be applicable to your needs.

You can check if the plug connectors are there by moving the drivers seat all the way forward and taking a look from the rear foot well, you might need a flash light. I believe you should 2 air bag plugs which are different color than the other plug/s. I'll have to look at photos from my interior swap to be sure.

if the seats have airbags in them, they might need to be paired to the car. (like dealer only).

forester / impreza seats might work,

outback / legacy outback maybe the most comfortable though.
I swapped 08 LGT seats into my 07 OBXT, the passenger seat was a breeze. Next day I went to do the drivers seat and forgot to unplug the battery and as mentioned above I had to figure out a plug situation. So initially after the swap not all the plugs were connected but I had a seat belt chime constantly no lights - swapped the buckles and it went away but airbag light came out. After unplugging the battery disconnecting the harness cleaning the contacts and making sure the pins were straight I plugged it back in and the airbag light has yet to reappear.

Moral of the story: Make sure you disconnect the battery before you go ahead and unplug any SRS harness plugs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year is your Outback? In Italy was the BP generation (3rd gen outback) from 2005-2007 then facelift 2008-2009, because I know that years we recieved the outback was different from japan - I'm not sure if it was for Europe as well. I do know you received a more premium model in terms of features and safety regulations.

I have swapped in 2008 Legacy GT seats into my 2007 Outback XT - both were leather full power heated. First difference are the actual rails the mount to the floor, the outback is slightly taller seat position - they will bolt up but do not be surprised if you feel lower roughly 20mm.

In US the 05-06 seats were interchangeable between outback/legacy, in 2007 it got a little different depending on trim level - my 2007 outback drivers seat had 5 plugs however the 2008 legacy seat had only 4. This was related to the height difference I mentioned above. I swapped the seat buckle from my 2007 model to the 2008 seat: let us know your model/year as it may not be applicable to your needs.

You can check if the plug connectors are there by moving the drivers seat all the way forward and taking a look from the rear foot well, you might need a flash light. I believe you should 2 air bag plugs which are different color than the other plug/s. I'll have to look at photos from my interior swap to be sure.

I swapped 08 LGT seats into my 07 OBXT, the passenger seat was a breeze. Next day I went to do the drivers seat and forgot to unplug the battery and as mentioned above I had to figure out a plug situation. So initially after the swap not all the plugs were connected but I had a seat belt chime constantly no lights - swapped the buckles and it went away but airbag light came out. After unplugging the battery disconnecting the harness cleaning the contacts and making sure the pins were straight I plugged it back in and the airbag light has yet to reappear.

Moral of the story: Make sure you disconnect the battery before you go ahead and unplug any SRS harness plugs.
Hi BoostBear and really thanks for the informations!
My OB is a 2005, 2.5i 4AT AWD, heated seat but no powered.
Tomorrow I'll take some pics so we can discuss about the potential swap!
Other info for you...your XT have the red electroluminescent bezel around the gauges or not? I'm struggling too with my dashboard that have at level 6 trimmer a veeeeeeeeery poor light, I need to push the "BRIGHT" button on the clock to made them readable...I just thinking to find a dashboard with red bezels too, I suppose that is an XT characteristic, but I think I need to rewire something for European market...some thoughts?
thanks a lot again!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,318 Posts
updated thread title,

wondering if the original poster, would want american OEM seat covers and maybe heating elements,..
(be them leathers or cloth).
this vs. shipping whole seats,...as the steel would be really heavy, and the foam would be really big.

dealing with the hog rings with pliers is not fun, but regular people do it everyday. . (not just auto / furniture upholstery shops).
...a hair dryer might make the material stretch a little more.

and for that matter, I seen a few seats that were custom worked on by a upholstery shop with thicker more comfortable pads/ bolsters.

Reactions: homelymatt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.