Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states I am looking for the horizontal roof bars that tie together the 2 roof rails. When I bought my car used they had already been removed and were not included in the sale.

I know there are aftermarket options out there but I Would prefer to see if I can get a OEM set 1st.

Thanks
Jason

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,206 Posts
you can get those for free,

any 2005-2009 legacy outback or legacy wagon that has them at the supermarket, or home depot, etc.
maybe just for the shear volume of offerings: airport parking lots.

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can get those for free,

any 2005-2009 legacy outback or legacy wagon that has them at the supermarket, or home depot, etc.
maybe just for the shear volume of offerings: airport parking lots.
Funny you say that because on my way home last night a lady with a 2005 outback with the rails past me on the highway and I caught myself saying in my head hit some ice and spin out I want your roof rails...

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Considering shipping would be likely cost prohibitive, I do have a set I'm about to take off new to us car.

That said, should be all over craigslist or any local junkyard.

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering shipping would be likely cost prohibitive, I do have a set I'm about to take off new to us car.

Shipping on the horizontals should not be 2 bad. They are only 48" or less in length. But I will check with some local scrap yards or maybe one of the upull lots.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,206 Posts

I took mine off my wagon and parked them in the garage, only used them one time in about 12 years.
(torx bolts held down in them with masking tape).

but did "need" them.

(moved some used ultra light weight baby furniture for a neighbor, one piece inside another up on the roof on a blanket tied and wired down to the roof rails).

so I would not part with them if I were you. if you sell the car it is "lacking" such things also.

·
12,306 Posts
I took mine off my wagon and parked them in the garage, only used them one time in about 12 years.
(torx bolts held down in them with masking tape).

but did "need" them.

(moved some used ultra light weight baby furniture for a neighbor, one piece inside another up on the roof on a blanket tied and wired down to the roof rails).

so I would not part with them if I were you. if you sell the car it is "lacking" such things also.
Kaylee came with a set of Yakima crossbars and missing her factory ones. We use the Yakima's for putting the kayak on the roof. Mal has his stock cross bars, as does green car.

Kaylee is gonna go with Mal's factory bars if the new owner wants them, don't need 2 sets of bars for one car.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,206 Posts
Kaylee came with a set of Yakima crossbars and missing her factory ones. We use the Yakima's for putting the kayak on the roof. Mal has his stock cross bars, as does green car.

Kaylee is gonna go with Mal's factory bars if the new owner wants them, don't need 2 sets of bars for one car.
so the yak bars will go on the expensive new mossy green swamp thing? (such that has no name currently).

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well if you want to sell and ship get me a price and in the mean time I will check local forums/craigslist/junkyards.

·
12,306 Posts
so the yak bars will go on the expensive new mossy green swamp thing? (such that has no name currently).
Mal is the pickup truck of the household, so he's gonna be the one with stuff strapped on and crap thrown in to go inna woods. Nameless is her new daily and will be the roadtripper.

Well if you want to sell and ship get me a price and in the mean time I will check local forums/craigslist/junkyards.
Just let me know if you can't find anything local, I'll look into shipping costs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.