Registered
2005 Outback, 2.5 L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 outback. Looking for the following parts:

Key Fob
Tweeter speakers for the door
Upgraded steering wheel with the radio controls on it

Let me know if you have any of these parts! Thanks!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,201 Posts

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
He has the base steering wheel without the cruise or radio controls. He wants to sell the doors as an entire unit, including the tweeters. You may ask him for those separately if he cannot sell the doors complete and decides to part them out. I would search forums for these parts if you can wait for them. I've found the price to be at least double if you go to eBay.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,201 Posts
He has the base steering wheel without the cruise or radio controls. He wants to sell the doors as an entire unit, including the tweeters. You may ask him for those separately if he cannot sell the doors complete and decides to part them out. I would search forums for these parts if you can wait for them. I've found the price to be at least double if you go to eBay.

I only noticed today that partout is of a base model as seen in the pics.

..maybe you should start selling your 2008's parts right now,
before one of your daughter's wrecks it and it lands in a yard behind a tow shop where you can't get them.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I only noticed today that partout is of a base model as seen in the pics.

..maybe you should start selling your 2008's parts right now,
before one of your daughter's wrecks it and it lands in a yard behind a tow shop where you can't get them.:wink2:
Too late! It is in the shop now getting about $3k worth of body work. They are replacing the driver's side doors front and back, the mud flaps and straightening out the front and rear quarter panels because daughter #2 did not look over her shoulder before changing lanes. She "rubbed" another car in the left lane. A la NASCAR. I griped about it in another post.

Back to the subject, having upgraded Little Red's interior from Base to Limited I might have some tips for the OP if he wants to go that far.

·
Registered
2005 Outback, 2.5 L
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too late! It is in the shop now getting about $3k worth of body work. They are replacing the driver's side doors front and back, the mud flaps and straightening out the front and rear quarter panels because daughter #2 did not look over her shoulder before changing lanes. She "rubbed" another car in the left lane. A la NASCAR. I griped about it in another post.

Back to the subject, having upgraded Little Red's interior from Base to Limited I might have some tips for the OP if he wants to go that far.

Whatcha got DavidPeab?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Whatcha got DavidPeab?
Sorry if you misunderstood. I converted my inherited 2000 Base model using the interior parts from several second generation Outbacks until it had all of the same interior features as a Limited model (top of the line for that year), incl. Heated Leather Seats, Lighted Vanity Mirrors, Auto-dimming Compass Mirror, Wood Trim, Sub Woofer, etc. etc. etc. Then my youngest daughter turned left in front of someone in Little Red - Google that name here, or see my posts for the car's history - and the damages were extensive enough that I did not want to put any more money into a car with 231,000 miles, plus I needed another set of wheels for her to drive to school 10 days later. So, I sold Little Red to another forum member, who fixed her up again and sold her at cost to an old friend that needed wheels. She's still rolling along today, but will probably be parted out some day.

Then the same kid had the accident mentioned above in my 2008 LL Bean Outback and is carpooling to school until further notice.

I'm leasing a 2017-18 Honda Civic Sport Touring for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.